How to Install Plugins ×

Evan's Effects (open source as of October 16, 2012)

evanolds

This is my collection of Paint.NET effects thus far.

A quick rundown of the effects in the DLL:

Mirror over line

This lets you draw a line on a thumbnail of the image in a dialog and reflect what's on one side of the line over the other.

yhsjjie-1735.png

Conditional Hue/Saturation Adjustment

The conditional hue/saturation can adjust the hue or saturation of a portion of the image based on the existing hue values of pixels.

Below are some before and after shots.

yhsjjie-1095.png

yhsjjie-1667.png

yhsjjie-686.png

Quadrilateral Reshape ("Distort" submenu)

Lets you reshape the image to an arbitrary quadrilateral region.

Polygonal Transparency ("Transparency" submenu)

Allows the user to mask out an arbitrary polygonal region and make it transparent.

3D Object (BETA)

Builds a polygon-based 3D object (a few different object types are available) and renders it with the image mapped over it as a texture.

yhsjjie-2205.png

Pie Chart ("Render" submenu)

Renders a simple pie chart. Added January 6, 2012.

yhsjjie-1006.png

There are also several very simple "Mirror" effects:

- Right side over left side, left side over right side, top over bottom, and bottom over top which are self explanatory

EOEffects.zip

Edited by toe_head2001
Attached plugin file
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

always loved that Octagonal quad reshape. in fact use it very very often. I'm wondering where you thinking of ever adding more nodes?

The mirror adjustments sound real interesting will be downloading today.

ciao thanks for sharing your plugins with us.

OMA

edit: I just tried the mirror the one over the line is incrediable. I'm definetly going to use this often and even more often! Wow. Now I'm off to play with paint.net

• 2 weeks later...

You should mention which DLLs are being replaced, to avoid double entries in PDN's menus. :wink:

Thanks for the update and new effects! :D

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

I appreciate your announcement to make more effects, but I request single-effect DLLs. It's the way Pyro, BoltBait, Tanel etc. do it. It let's you choice which effects you want. Just consider somebody who uses PDN only for small photo touch-ups and does not want crowded menus. He would take CH/S Adjustment, but not the other stuff.

If you zip them, users would not have to download every single file, and - saying someone wants all effects - copying five DLLs is as much work as copying one single DLL. If I'm correct, the PDN Installer itself is zipped, so there should be no problems with the users.

However, thank you very much, Mirror is really cool and well done.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
You should mention which DLLs are being replaced, to avoid double entries in PDN's menus.

The following effect DLLs are replaced by this plug-in and can be removed if they are still in your PDN effects directory:

HueSatFilter.dll

Octagonal.dll

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

not bad that 3d beta not sure I'm going to use it too often especially since I can not remember any of my sin and cos math. Still a tad sluggish.

no luck on adding just a few more nodes on the oct reshape plugin. Or has that more or less taken back burner. 2 more each side would help enormously when using this. By the way I use that plugin in at least 40% of my work.

also any thoughts to just adding individual dll's within a zip. I like to pick and choose what I populate my effects menu with.

OMA

You should mention which DLLs are being replaced, to avoid double entries in PDN's menus.

The following effect DLLs are replaced by this plug-in and can be removed if they are still in your PDN effects directory:

HueSatFilter.dll

Octagonal.dll

Thanks for the info. Btw, I agree with oma about individual DLLs...

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...

I have just got to thank you for these effects. Simply Amazing. I constantly use the mirror and octagonal effects. You made my day! Thanks so much, these effects are excellent!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't believe that I downloaded this plug-in and forgot to install it a couple of weeks ago. I was browsing through the plug-ins forum and thought I had read this before but could not find them effects in PdN. Oh WOW ! I have something new to learn today ! Yea ! These look great, thanks!

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

3d object is amazing, maybe we should have an equation thread for the people who don't really understand it.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

having individual plugin DLLs would be awesome, other than that, I haven't had a chance to use the plugin yet. I'll try them when I get home. the oct reshape should be a lifesaver for me though. I've been looking for something like that for a while.

You know the place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EOEffects.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.PDNOctagonal
     Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

Please help.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EOEffects.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.PDNOctagonal
     Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

Please help.

I need this effect, too. So much for the new paint.net version!!

@alexo & firefox: Relax. I'm sure Evan will release an update when he is ready to.

It's been 6 months since Evan has posted. Does he even know his plugin(s) is/are broken?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Last visited: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:38 pm - only a couple of weeks ago so I'm sure he realizes that 3.5 is out.