evanolds

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

314 posts in this topic

TechnoRobbo, what changes did you have to make?

Just tried this, thanks, but for some reason the save dialog doesn't have a cur file type. It's got ani and ico but no cur. The open dialog has cur and they open fine, I just can't save them.

TechnoRobbo, what changes did you have to make?

I forced the dialog to the foreground when shown - they were being lost in the background even though they were modal. 

Added this code to Shown Events:

this.TopMost = true;
            this.Focus();
            this.BringToFront();

Just tried this, thanks, but for some reason the save dialog doesn't have a cur file type. It's got ani and ico but no cur. The open dialog has cur and they open fine, I just can't save them.

Sorry missed that.

Try this v4.0.1

IcoCur.zip

Thanks TR!

Links updated in the first post.

Excellent. Thanks TechnoRobbo, it works fine now. Saves me struggling with Visual Studio's editor.

@TechnoRobbo: Thank you, the plugin works. There is still some issues with the plugin though:

Issue 1:

* open an icon with multiple bitmaps in (I've did so from Explorer)

* the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" comes up, leave it open

* open another iucon (I've did so from Explorer, in this case with a single bitmap only)

Result: 100% CPU on one core, nothing happens until you switch to the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" and choose one or cancel it.

Issue 2: If you cancel the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" you still have the file open with only the background set (and a message without a message title), is it possible to abort the load completely?

Issue 3 (Feature Request): Is it possible to name the layers of the image file including the color dept? Currently there are multiple layers with the same names.

Issue 4: `this.TopMost = true;` seems a bit too much, this is the only application (part) I've recognized so far that still shows up when I switch to a full-screen RDP session. Does it work without this? If not: is it possible to remove this in the `onFocus` (or whatever appropriate) event of the dialogue?

Issue 5 (severe): If you cancel the Save Dialogue you get a 0 byte file (the original version is lost).

Thank you for your answer,

pdn-user

Edit: added issues 4+5

Edited by pdn-user

*bump* - Are the points shown recognized as bugs? Is there anyone with the plan to target these "some time"?

I have your 4.0 version of IcoCur.dll, but I tried it with PDN 4.07 and then 4.09 and it simply will not show a "ico" filetype in the open dialog. I even tried dragging an .ico file into PDN, but the warning message appears saying the filetype is not compatible with PDN.

I had PDN 4.10 but I did not try the icocur.dll on it before I dumped it and went backward to a better behaved PDN.

The plugin description says this works on PDN 4.0+ ... is anyone being successful using this plugin?

I have long wanted to be able to edit icon filetypes in PDN, so was excited to see this. I hope it can be fixed.

.. it simply will not show a "ico" filetype in the open dialog. I even tried dragging an .ico file into PDN, but the warning message appears saying the filetype is not compatible with PDN. ...

I just used this plugin 2 hours ago. Worked fine.

Make sure you've installed it correctly. The .dll file needs to be placed in the 'FileTypes' folder, rather than the 'Effects' folder.

@KetchupKid: It works with current versions. I've used it with 4.0.9 and found the bugs I've posted one post before yours when doing so (and still hope for a reply to these).

I just used this plugin 2 hours ago. Worked fine.

Make sure you've installed it correctly. The .dll file needs to be placed in the 'FileTypes' folder, rather than the 'Effects' folder.

Silly me - that makes sense. I did not realize that, but I have it there now. Thanks! :)

I'm using latest IcoCur.zip v4.0.1 with Paint.net v4.0.10. When I open an ico file with several images all of them are given with proper color depths (32-bit, 8-bit). When I save this ico file and reload it again all color depths are reset to 32-bit (so there are two 32x32 images with color depth 32-bit, and two 16x16 images with color depth 8-bit).

How do I persist color depths of each image in ico file?

You need to update to the latest version, 4.0.12, first.