Sozo's Old Gallery, Now Closed

Sozo

That nebulae is amazing! Looking forward to see the piece complete. :wink:

If other people request a tut too, then yes please! Even if others don't, can you post a mini tut in your gallery, like oma does?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

That nebulae is amazing! Looking forward to see the piece complete. :wink:

If other people request a tut too, then yes please! Even if others don't, can you post a mini tut in your gallery, like oma does?

I'll try. First I have to recreate it my self. :)

UPDATE: V2 of my as-yet-unnamed space scene:

t_Untitledm_8cb284e.jpg

What do you think guys? It's not done yet, anything you want to see in the finished version? I was thinking of adding a gas giant in the background, around the upper right corner.

• 4 weeks later...

1.jpg2-3.jpg3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg5-1.jpg6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg8-1.jpg9-1.jpg

This is a prototype I may follow when I update my gallery. All the pics are clickable. Both Morning GLory and Tartarus Space have been updated. Let me know what you think!

Sort of. Texture maps from Venus, Mercury, Mars, and the Moon. I've got half the solar system in there! But no, this wasn't just a download-texture-and-shape-3d-it deal. I spent the last 5 days working on this.

• 5 weeks later...

Yep, it's another planet [click for full view]:

t_experimentm_39ddcdf.jpg

Surprise. I was just experimenting today, mostly lighting, though I tried out cities (nightside) and vegetation. Still having trouble with water. See y'all later...

Poor planet :( Look at all those cracks D:

It's awesome. The details and the background are absolutely flabbergasting.

Ha, thanks! Flabbergasting is a fun word... :lol:

I like that planet you've got there :)

Love the texture of the planet and the starscape. Also like the idea of the city lights. The only qualm I have is that when I look at the city lights on the dark half of the planet, I sorta think that that side is transparent and that I'm looking through the planet at the stars behind it :| But don't worry, it's probably just my eyes :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

howd you get the cracks and the texture of the planet? im in awe, would really like some advice.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

howd you get the cracks and the texture of the planet? im in awe, would really like some advice.

They were adopted from textures like this. I could have done a better job on the planet, but I was just testing the process out. Good luck!