Oma's gallery

oma

thanks zizOiz

this one is called "The need for a tranquil moment"

At the moment all I want is a hazy hot day sipping lemonade at the riverbank.

theneedforatranquilmoment.png

I'd really like you to look at this one full size on my DA if you have a moment to get the feel of the textures and subtle shifts in color

http://omagrandmother.deviantart.com/art/The-need-for-a-tranquil-moment-88356031

yes 100% paint.net. I didn't keep track of number of layers as there was a lot of merging but must have been around 30 or 40. That's what I generally average on a work like this.

the frame is a combination of various text and 3d metal tut with some color balance and curves+. drop shadows etc added. the inner mat is three layers one solid, one stitch and one I think was noise. stray pixels were added and erased as I felt required.

found this one very theraputic artwise to do. Challenging of my art skills, are always my favs.

thank you for the comment .

this one I've had on the back burner ever since I saw an amazing exhibit at the art gallery.

The Saint John's Bible a modern interpretation of old world style illumination of pages. This link shows about the bible. http://www.heritageedition.com/about.htm It is even more impressive to actually see the pages. Very spiritually moving. The use of gold leaf is awesome and the ancient style of using egg yolk just make the color jump off the page. I strongly recommend if you have a chance to see this exhibit anytime you all take it in, even if you are not overly religious. This bible undertaking is destined to become one of the greatest major religious art piece of this century. I'm not exaggerating either it is truly great.

My piece holds no where near the amount of icon imagery of Donald Jacksons lovely art illuminations, but it did inspire me to do this piece.

MymemoriesoftheSt.png

no tut. but if there is something specific you want a tip on doing let me know..... before I forget what I did :lol: most of my work is by feel the number of layers is because I make small little changes here and there on separate layers. and always bits and pieces of pixel work and clone on individual layers incase I want to back up out of them.

This image was in the hospital thanks for all the help everyone. It has now been sent home with a big bandade and a bottle of asprin. I've sharpened and highlighted and made the changes recommended. I'm now considering it finished and will tackle a harder piece next go around. I still need to perfect those color streaks and highlights. Not quite the same as doing peoples faces. I wanted to use fracture blur but still not sure its the correct thing.... more practice needed. :lol:

completionnumber5.png

th_needhelpondoingabitbetterpetals.pngth_CANDYFLOWER.pngth_candyflowernearingcompletionnumber3.png

@LFC4EVER yes I realize it now. I'm a bit tired so not likely to go back and change at this point, perhaps some day. :lol: I think it was when I tilted the layer back I should have done each petal layer and shading separately, but the number of layers just was too many to take a chance I blew it.

@ZizOiz thanks I'm still learning, but I can see improvement in my work in that regards.

ciao

As usual Oma beatiful works, I like the Inner Peace a lot it seems to have the layers of painting over it and all those beautiful soft colors!

I got also a look at your D.A. gallery (once again :D ) and whilst I am always impressed by your artworks, I could not find the bible with the coverbook made with the gold leaf method (sigh! because I wanted to get a closer look at it)

Ciao ciao

Lol, no thanks Oma, I am sure I will never be able to reproduce it! I just wanted to give a closer look cause it is so beautiful and shiny, like real layers of gold crackled by time(sometimes I wish my english vocabulary was a bit richer to better express myself...)

Ciao!