175 replies to this topic

#121 Ash

Ash

Former Moderator

• Members
  • 6,381 posts
  • Locationhttp://tinyurl.com/6kqz9v

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

You know you just select what hue range you want then you can turn it black and white and you can adjust the saturation on it, etc.

1. You already can turn the range black or white.

2. No, you can not adjust saturation for black or white.

Posted Image
All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

#122 Wolfe

Wolfe
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

I just downloaded this plugin, and I'm having problems getting it to load. I keep getting the warning - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."
1st - Where is this control panel?
2nd - Is there something I did wrong, or something else I'm supposed to do first?
I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm no expert either.
Any, and all help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a new computer, with Vista Home Premium, and it is WELL beyond all minimum requirements for the Paint.Net program. I downloaded the newest version (3.01), and have been using it, so I know the program is there, and does work. My problem is with downloading this plugin.
Thanks again,
Wolfe

#123 BoltBait

BoltBait

2013 Movie Guru Award Winner

• Administrators
  • 9,603 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

I just downloaded this plugin, and I'm having problems getting it to load. I keep getting the warning - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."
1st - Where is this control panel?
2nd - Is there something I did wrong, or something else I'm supposed to do first?
I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm no expert either.
Any, and all help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a new computer, with Vista Home Premium, and it is WELL beyond all minimum requirements for the Paint.Net program. I downloaded the newest version (3.01), and have been using it, so I know the program is there, and does work. My problem is with downloading this plugin.
Thanks again,
Wolfe

Please read this page:

http://boltbait.goog...ges.com/install

It will tell you how things should be set up.
Click to play:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | More... and how about a Computer Dominos Game

#124 madicalRADICAL

madicalRADICAL
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

Where is it saved to?
I just installed it but I can't find it.
help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee =]

ohh &&& is it possible that it didn't instal because it was not in a zip file?
Thanks for your help =]
xxxxx

#125 Ash

Ash

Former Moderator

• Members
  • 6,381 posts
  • Locationhttp://tinyurl.com/6kqz9v

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

Did you even bothered to read the post above you?
Follow the link.
Please read the rules before posting again.

Posted Image
All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

#126 madicalRADICAL

madicalRADICAL
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:38 PM

I did, it didnt work
I ended up saving it somewhere in Resources for it to work for me
It's all sexxy atm =]
xx

#127 thehamster

thehamster
  • Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSarasota, Florida

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

lol...
my dog, ariel :D
Posted Image

uh-oh i think she is sick :mrgreen:
Posted Image

EDIT: original
Posted Image

#128 TheSwimmer

TheSwimmer
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

Awesome plugin!
Posted Image

#129 jmf1982

jmf1982
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

I want to use the source code but i don't know how to do it. I tried adding the project of the effect in my Paint.NET project but nothing. I think this i not the correct way. Does anybody can help me?

Thanks.

#130 Simon Brown

Simon Brown
  • Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

I want to use the source code but i don't know how to do it. I tried adding the project of the effect in my Paint.NET project but nothing. I think this i not the correct way. Does anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Wrong forum.
Posted Image

#131 jmf1982

jmf1982
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

Sorry, I thought that people can talk here everything about Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect, including the code of it. Where is the correct place for it? (I´m new, sorry)

#132 Simon Brown

Simon Brown
  • Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

Sorry, I thought that people can talk here everything about Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect, including the code of it. Where is the correct place for it? (I´m new, sorry)

Effects API/Programming forum - http://paintdotnet.f...ewforum.php?f=5.
Posted Image

#133 zisworg

zisworg
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:52 AM

Is Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect fully compatible with PdN 3.2x ? :?
Thanks! :)

#134 The_Lionhearted

The_Lionhearted
  • Members
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Yup. :)

#135 pyrochild

pyrochild
  • Administrators
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:26 AM

Is Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect fully compatible with PdN 3.2x ? :?
Thanks! :)

Stop asking and just install :roll:

Works: it is.
Doesn't work: it isn't.

Rocket science! :D
xZYt6wl.png
ambigram signature by Kemaru

[I write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

#136 tedcurt

tedcurt
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Hello All,

I have an image of a locomotive for MS Train Simulator that I want to convert from blue to red. I thought that this plugin would be perfect for this job, but I have not found a way to precisely control the result I am looking for. The main part of the image has a HSV of 203-85-63 and I want that converted to HSV 343-100-73.
It does a very good job converting all the colors and I can get my main color close, but I can't hit it precisely or consistently. I notice that the color picker in PdN uses HSV format, but this plugin uses HSL. I am assuming that this is throwing me off because the color picker H range is 0-360, S range is 0-100, and V range is 0-100. The plugin H range is -180 to 180, the S range is 0-200, and L range is -100 to 100.

Is this the tool I need to use or is there something else I need to get, or is what I am trying to do possible?

Thanks,
Ted
Posted Image

#137 Simon Brown

Simon Brown
  • Members
  • 10,255 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

Tedcurt, try this: http://web.forret.com/tools/color.asp

edit: It should work because paint.net also shows the rgb values.
Posted Image

#138 Tanel

Tanel
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hello All,
I have an image of a locomotive for MS Train Simulator that I want to convert from blue to red. I thought that this plugin would be perfect for this job, but I have not found a way to precisely control the result I am looking for. The main part of the image has a HSV of 203-85-63 and I want that converted to HSV 343-100-73.
It does a very good job converting all the colors and I can get my main color close, but I can't hit it precisely or consistently. I notice that the color picker in PdN uses HSV format, but this plugin uses HSL. I am assuming that this is throwing me off because the color picker H range is 0-360, S range is 0-100, and V range is 0-100. The plugin H range is -180 to 180, the S range is 0-200, and L range is -100 to 100.Ted

You have wrong understanding of this plugin. Use Conditions panel to define which color you want to change (Conditions panel = color wheel and 4 sliders beneath it). Then in Action panels you define the nature of changes to be performed on your selected color range. There are + and - ranges in Action panels because by editing you can either increase or decrease those parameters.

If it still doesn't serve you well enough, you could alternatively try "Color to Alpha" plugin to separate your object from backround.

#139 tedcurt

tedcurt
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

I think I have a good understanding of the mechanics of the plugin. I use the right hand window to isolate the range of colors I want to operate on. Then I select Add to add the amount of hue I want to get to my desired color, adjust the saturation, and again, select Add to add the amount of lightness.
And it does - well - it does it, but not to the exact color I'm shooting for, and I just don't understand why. It's just math. Right?
OK, a challenge. Open a new image and just make a solid square block with this RGB color: R 24, G 107, B 161
Now change the color to R 187, G 0, B 51 using this plugin. If you are successful on the first attempt - please let me know how it is done. This is a very simplistic example, but if you can tell me how to make the one solid color to change as I expect it to, then it should work for a complex image that has many shades of that color and adjust them accordingly, too.
I'm pretty much a noob at image editing, so please forgive me if I am way off the mark on this, and let me know how this should really be done.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#140 evanolds

evanolds
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

[quote name="tedcurt"]Open a new image and just make a solid square block with this RGB color: R 24, G 107, B 161
Now change the color to R 187, G 0, B 51 using this plugin.[/quote]

If you want to do this particular type of action, I think a color replacement plug-in would much better suit your needs. I did a very brief look in Paint.NET and among the forums and didn't see a plugin for this, but you wish to do a global, solid color replacement you can use the paint bucket tool with a tolerance of 0% and "Global" mode (under the "Flood Mode:" pulldown). This tool with these parameters gives you an exact color replacement, and I would recommend it for what you are trying to do.

[quote name="tedcurt"]It's just math. Right?[quote]
The HSL or HSV to RGB and RGB to HSV or HSL colorspace conversions are nonlinear transformations that do not provide a one-to-one mapping of RGB triplets to HSV triplets and vice-versa. This plugin is ill-suited for exact color replacements because of this.

Let me know if the paint bucket option suits your needs. If you are trying to replace a single color, or a range of colors, with one solid color, the paint bucket tool should do it (play around with various tolerance levels and use "Global" mode).
There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.