Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evanolds

Conditional Hue/Saturation Effect Available

176 posts in this topic

Try the plugin on this image.

1078187b.jpg

3d58ff6a.jpg

You need to change the range on the color wheel.

And you should see what color range gets adjusted.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions. Let me know :)

I still don't get it

Download the 1st image, open in Paint.NET.

Look at the other image I made about which controls does what.

Run the plugin, adjust the setting, See the image changes.

Then you should know which control affects what color and such.

A great plugin. Thanks Evan.

While using it, I thought about using a picker to help set the range.

In other words you bring up the dialog, then use a picker on the image to get a first cut of the colour range to target. Adjust manually after that. (If the picked colours were overlaid on the colour wheel it would help.)

I'm not familiar with the PDN API and how it can be accessed from plugin code. Has this sort of thing been done before? If it has I'd be prepared to spend a little time trying to integrate it into the code that Evan has generously provided.

I'm not familiar with the PDN API and how it can be accessed from plugin code. Has this sort of thing been done before? If it has I'd be prepared to spend a little time trying to integrate it into the code that Evan has generously provided.

I presume he copied it from the PDN source to his plugin.

It seems that I cant for my life get this to work. I tried the dll file, but Paint.NET tried to open that. I cant change the program which opens it either. I tried extracting all the files to the effects folder, which also didnt work. I know that Im missing something along the line? :?

Download the .dll file from the first post in this thread (its the first link not the second). Then a pop-up box thingy should come up, asking you to open or save the file. Click save. Then click the following: My Computer > Hard Drive name (C:) > Program Files > Paint.NET > Effects

Save it in the Effects folder. Once saved, restart Paint.NET and Conditional Hue/Saturation should be in your Adjustments menu.

Hey, it worked! Thanks LFC, I had to do a slight variation though. I didnt have Save, just Save to Disk. But thanks again :)

No problem, glad i could help. :D

Enjoy the plugin, its awesome!

Amazing plug-in. Has become one of my favourites for making a rainbow/recolouring effect without messing arround with curves/curves+

I think it has plenty of scope for tutorials! :D

Amazing plug-in. Has become one of my favourites for making a rainbow/recolouring effect without messing arround with curves/curves+

I think it has plenty of scope for tutorials! :D

Yes there is viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27257 :)

Hi, I downloaded this and whacked it in the 'effects' folder, closed and opened Paint.Net, but I can't find it in Adjustments to use.

I am aware that I am semi-retarded when it comes to this sort of stuff (but I have sucessfully added other plugins), please help me - I REALLY want this one!!! :cry: & :?

Hi, I downloaded this and whacked it in the 'effects' folder, closed and opened Paint.Net, but I can't find it in Adjustments to use.

I am aware that I am semi-retarded when it comes to this sort of stuff (but I have sucessfully added other plugins), please help me - I REALLY want this one!!! :cry: & :?

You won't find it in Adjustments. It's actually in the Effects menu. :-)

David David, It's in Adjustments. :idea:

Eh?

condhuesat.gif

Maybe I have an older version...

David David, It's in Adjustments. :idea:

Ok maybe I'm slightly more than semi-retarded, looked in there as well and still can't find it :(

Maybe I'll try the whole process again from scratch, Thanks

Yes, IIRC, that is a very old version.

@Hazy Dayz:

Are you sure you installed the plugin correctly?

Bwuh? Hmm...I seem to have one in Adjustments, too.

Oh well, when 3.5 comes out, I'm going to start from scratch on my plugins anyway... :-P

Bwuh? Hmm...I seem to have one in Adjustments, too.

Oh well, when 3.5 comes out, I'm going to start from scratch on my plugins anyway... :-P

This is the one you should keep, if you can't wait. :wink:

CondHSAdj.dll

Thanks again, tried again and hey presto it's there! Oh yeah it is in adjustments, but now I don't have time to play with it - too tired!

Hi there! I am new to the whole plugin thing and cant seem to get this plugin to work, im not sure to save it as or how to open it as it says its a apllication extension, any help id really appreciate it thanks