Rick Brewster

CodeLab v2.18 (for advanced users) Released October 15, 2016

533 posts in this topic

Wait, I need to have an image on my clipboard while I am developing the plugin?! Never thought of that.

14 minutes ago, PaxonJollock said:

Wait, I need to have an image on my clipboard while I am developing the plugin?! Never thought of that.

Well, your code is trying to fetch an image from the clipboard, so yes, in this case you do. ;)

Nullcheck added, square root added (oopsy), and plugin is working now! Thanks a million! Just wishing PDN had plugins for blend modes between layers, so I didn't have to use the clipboard as an intermediary

Edited by PaxonJollock

PaxonJollock though you should have an image in the clipboard while writing the plugin, your code needs to handle the case when there isn't an image in the clipboard. You don't want it crashing if someone forgets to load an image before running it.

Just a little observation about CodeLab: if the file name begins with a digit, the dll file is not build.

Spoiler

cSvObwI.png

9 minutes ago, xod said:

if the file name begins with a digit

Yeah, don't do that.

I response to a CodeLab plugin I posted, ReMake suggested it would be better for double-slider step size to track the precision, so clicking the arrows always changes the low digit. I agree. Though it's always possible to type in the full-precision value, that isn't convenient for making fine adjustments. There may be cases when it makes sense to use some other step size, but if there can only be one choice, I think it should be to increment and decrement the low digit by one.