Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

Image is too big to put here (1152x864)

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/Random%20Stuff/desktop2-1.jpg

I did this 2 years ago in MS Paint for Vista, took me a whole summer... pixel by pixel (yes, i cheated a bit with adding text, hopefully it still counts).

Edited by Weylin

• 4 weeks later...

@Frontcannon , amazing. The texture of the planet is really something, and I can see you used a lot of different

color combinations. The stars, are really neat too, and you chose the right way of showing it, in a few big clusters of stars.

But is everything made there by pixel, I mean the thing flying around the planet?

OH and I just recently started doing pixel art. I have been doing well, and this is one of my favorite. A mystical tree :)

I have other pixel work that is available in my gallery, labeled "Pixel" of course.

mysticaltree.png

To be precise, the space station is the ONLY thing there made completely Pixel by Pixel :bigeyes:

The picture is a combination of Pixel Art techniques and Blend Modes, Shape3D and lots of more stuff I can't remember. The asteroids for example came from a few sample forms I repeated dozens of times, then run Polar Inversion and then Stitch :biggrin:

It doesn't really fit with the rules of this thread, I know, but this thread deserved more attention.

Nice tree, by the way. The trunk could use some work though, more shadowing for example.

• 1 month later...