Image Umbrella: Pixel Images

BoltBait

did I say aliased? i mean anti-aliased. >_>

Actually, it could just be my computer. Once, i used Ctrl + Mouse Wheel up and then back down again, and smilies/images were never exactly the same.

What browser do you use? If you use firefox (version 3), you might wanna go to view > zoom > reset...that Miiiigiht help....

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

oh my god. It worked! Many thanks!

Well I'll be d@mned...I really didn't expect that to work, but I figured some advice is better than none at all. Well...you're welcome then, glad I could be of service. :D (Now for payment...mad art skillz file transfer? open doc "crimson art skillz" ---> Ctrl+c ---> open doc "mato's brain" ---> ctrl+v :P lol)

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

• 4 weeks later...

My very first attempt at Pixel Art - quite enjoyable, really.

Did some research and read some online tutorials regarding isometric Pixel Art, as well as colours and shading.

This is definitely a genre I will explore some more.

Pixel_Art_House_1_by_cjmcguinness.png

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Did some research and read some online tutorials regarding isometric Pixel Art, as well as colours and shading.

I was up all night trying to figure out how to do something like that! Couldn't figure it out... I have problems with the roof. No matter what angle of the 2/1 rule I use, The roof just doesn't right to me!

Anyways, here's is my first half-way successful attempt at pixel art:

pixelpyramidwm4.jpg

obamacj9.th.gif

Click the image to see the animation! | Click here for my Gallery

Click here to visit my town!

I was up all night trying to figure out how to do something like that! Couldn't figure it out...

Here is my first attempt at pixel art:

pixelpyramidwm4.jpg

Have a look at this tutorial, as well as part 2 (on making a building) - it helped me a lot.

I also did many Google Image Searches for pixel buildings, houses, etc... and copied them into PDN, then zoomed in to take a look at how certain elements were constructed; this helped me with brick and grass textures. Try pasting my house picture into PDN and zoom into 800% -1200% to see the details.

Make sure to use many layers, putting each new element on a separate layer, so you can go back and correct mistakes, as well as copy/paste specific elements.

I started with simple cubes and pyramids and soon started to build up bigger pictures.

Have fun!

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Okay, my first house!

pixelhousenr8.jpg

Its not that good, I know, but it took me almost a whole afternoon, and that's only because I cheated and used the paint bucket tool to fill in large sections of it.

EDIT: And I just found out that Paint.NET has a pixel grid. That would have been helpful to know several hours ago! OY! :D

obamacj9.th.gif

If this is just your first attempt at pixel-Art I cannot figure out what you'll be able to do after you'll have explored the genre some more!

:shock:

well isn't he a pleasant looking little fellow. glad you were able to figure that out with the aid of the link I gave you. don't forget you want to be saving him as a .png so you have no green background. It will be easier to insert him into your town.

ciao

OMA

Yes, thank you so much for the link!!! And here are two more I made. I think I might be addicted to Pixel Art! :shock:

cowboyhp5.png woman1tp1.png

For those who would like it, here is the link Oma provided me with:

http://www.19.5degs.com/element/836.php It is an excellent tutorial!

As for the transparencies, I just use the magic wand while holding down shift, then hit the delete button. Assuming the background wasn't the color of any clothes, hair or skin, only the background disappears! I leave the color background for the purpose of, well, I think it makes it look better for my gallery!

Again, thanks so much for the link!!!

obamacj9.th.gif

I cannot wait for my laptop to be delivered, so... :D

I know I cheated, it's not entirely pixel art :wink:

I should probably add more shadow etc, but I'm too lazy :|

2monjgp.png

sigbar0ks.png

Gladi8or2, its a nice laptop and you've captured the shape really well. I like how you made the highlight on the edge of the laptop. Nice detail, but you should shade more. Just use gradients.

Well, a couple of days ago i said i was going to make a roller coaster in PDN. Now, that idea is in the bin. So, i came up with a new idea, and i'm recreating the Empire State Building (ESB) in pixel art. :)

The bottom/base is kind of done (i think the glares on the small windows are a bit too strong). If i feel confident enough at the end of the whole piece, i may add textures onto the walls. This is it so far, and all i used was tools in the toolbox:

esbbottom.png

Its hard working on a pretty small scale, and it takes forever..

The base on its own looks pretty neat too. :lol:

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Perspective doesn't quite seem right LFC - too high up on the top corner (right corner) Should be a fiew pixls lower in my opinion.

Other than that - very good base, can't wait for the next GAZILLION floors :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 4 weeks later...
New pixel image, made to look like my own house. If I can, I'll put on a photo of my house for comparison.

pixelhouse.png

Hot damn that is beautiful!

If you're not into numbers, call me Chris!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, some of these are really great. I like the houses a lot.

The laptop has a nice style too.

I'll try this out.

:Thumbsup:

EDIT:

Okay, 1/2 an hour later, my 1st attempt....It's not finished, and is mostly garbage, but I think the fence pwns.^^

ISOhouse.png

I cheated on the textures, but w/e.

I should make more fences. :D

And maybe read a tutorial.

•♪♫♫♪•

FoolsBlood.png

|- The Rules -|- çobblestones -|- CaMo -|- MeTaL -|

╠═╧╨»Φ«╨╤═╣

• 1 month later...