How to Install Plugins ×

Splatter

pyrochild

Looks like I just experienced the same issue as TheSwimmer

Exception details:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.EventHandler`1' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.30.2980.33384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm.InitializeComponent()
  at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm..ctor()
  at pyrochild.effects.common.ColorsDialog..ctor(Boolean UseTwoColors)
  at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog.swatchColor_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Full pdncrash log file is attatched...

20080301_pdncrash_Splatter.zip

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

ETA's man... *sigh*

When have I ever given ETAs?

Question: when you change options size splatter swing etc. how do you close that option box so I can see entire screen.

Click the Options button again. It's a toggle.

EDIT: I didn't see that this question was already answered... Heh.

Question2: can I just do a selection portion (the marching ants) and see that selection on screen somehow. so I know what I want will be within that portion and not as a draw and hope? I'm working on correct portion of screen? perhaps that can be done already but I didn't quite figure it out.

Oops. I completely overlooked selections when writing this plugin. I'll have that worked out for the next release. Sorry about that...

EDIT: From now on, I do not want to hear any issues/bugs that you can only get in a BETA version of Paint.NET. I only want to hear about problems that you can reproduce in FINAL versions of Paint.NET. I can guarantee that 95% of the time, any issues you are having with my plugins in a BETA version of Paint.NET, I already know about, and will have a fix ready in time for the FINAL release of that version. So shush. :P

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

thanks to all who answered I didn't even consider a toggle for the on and off option box. nice one pyro.

look forward to the finished version.

to others:

until the color issue is fixed there is a small workaround I'm using.

as long as you do not touch the wee black color box everything else works fine. I do my splatters in black and use Ed harveys color flip for now if you work with it and all our other plugins you can get the color you want. .

to others:

until the color issue is fixed there is a small workaround I'm using.

as long as you do not touch the wee black color box everything else works fine. I do my splatters in black and use Ed harveys color flip for now if you work with it and all our other plugins you can get the color you want. .

Actually, you can just set your color in Paint.NET's color window before starting the Splatter plugin. It will use whatever you have selected as your primary color.

The best work around is to use the stable version 3.22 for real work and Alpha/Beta version for testing only.

Even better!

xZYt6wl.png

It works perfectly on my V3.30.

No it doesn't . :D

Click the color square next to the Options button on the bottom left of the dialog. But save your work first ;)

I did it, but on other way. :)

And I've try what you have suggested, it doesn't work indeed...

I'm now waiting for newest version of Paint.NET :)

Then, maybe, will every plugin works correctly. ;)

Signature4.png

My own DeviantART gallery

Mozilla_Firefox_User_by_userbars.jpg

Sweden_lovebar_by_Mar0988.png

I got the plug in from your deviantart site, but when I tried it I got this error message. (using paintnet 3.22) Any ideas? Thanks!

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.ColorRectangleControl' from assembly 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=1.0.2832.35228, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

Can I ask your permission to use your idea of how to implement a custom brush in one of my plugins? Thanks.

Custom Brushes? just a certain one that u decide what it is, or can we add our own? If this was to be developed

I am developing a plugin that allows you to use custom brushes.

KaHuc.png

Can I ask your permission to use your idea of how to implement a custom brush in one of my plugins? Thanks.

This is under a Creative Commons license, as I have stated numerous times. You don't need to ask my permission, you just need to give proper credit where credit is due.

xZYt6wl.png

Beautiful plug in but I have a problem. When I click color Paint.NET crashes and I get this error message. (I downloaded from your deviantART btw)

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.30 (Beta 1 Release build 3.30.2980.33387)

Time of crash: 3/2/2008 5:54:20 PM

Application uptime: 00:02:10.4687500

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86

Processor: 1x "Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.60GHz" @ ~798MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2)

Physical memory: 1279 MB

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 3/2/2008

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Features log: UpdatesState(StartupState), UpdatesState(ReadyToCheckState), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PaintBrushTool), HM(NullHistoryMemento), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ToolsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ColorsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.HistoryForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.LayerForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.MainForm), PopulateFonts(), Menu.Window, Effect(pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter), ShowDialog(pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog), HM(BitmapHistoryMemento), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ProgressDialog), Undo, DWAction(HistoryUndoAction), Menu.Effects, Effect(CustomBrushes.EffectPlugin)

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.30.2980.33387, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.30.2980.33384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.30.2980.33382, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.30.2980.33383, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.30.2980.33384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.30.2980.33385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.30.2980.33385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

AlignPlugin, Version=1.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\AlignPlugin.dll

Antialias, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Antialias_v1.5.8.0.dll

CustomBrushes, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushes.dll

Feather1, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Feather.dll

IcoCur, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\IcoCur.dll

Outline Object, Version=2.2.2907.36603, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll

pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.2975.36871, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Splatter, Version=1.0.2978.34285, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

Exception details:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.EventHandler`1' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.30.2980.33384, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm.InitializeComponent()

at PaintDotNet.ColorsForm..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.common.ColorsDialog..ctor(Boolean UseTwoColors)

at pyrochild.effects.splatter.ConfigDialog.swatchColor_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's because pyro is referencing the pdn assembley which Rick reversed for security reasons. This needs to be copied into Splatter.

Please stop blabbering about what you don't understand.

That's not why it's crashing. It doesn't even have a reference to paintdotnet.exe.

And it's not for security reasons that Rick internalized the file.

The cause of this crash is because Rick moved a class (EventArgs) from PaintDotNet.Core.dll to PaintDotNet.Base.dll.

But none of that matters, because, DecemberWindows, if you are going to use BETA software, you have to accept the fact that beta software is UNSTABLE and is only intended for testing, not daily use.

xZYt6wl.png

That's because pyro is referencing the pdn assembley which Rick reversed for security reasons. This needs to be copied into Splatter.

Please stop blabbering about what you don't understand.

That's not why it's crashing. It doesn't even have a reference to paintdotnet.exe.

And it's not for security reasons that Rick internalized the file.

The cause of this crash is because Rick moved a class (EventArgs) from PaintDotNet.Core.dll to PaintDotNet.Base.dll.

But none of that matters, because, DecemberWindows, if you are going to use BETA software, you have to accept the fact that beta software is UNSTABLE and is only intended for testing, not daily use.

Oh so its because I'm using a beta version. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...