Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

356 posts in this topic

I'm very new to this program & am trying to 'get it all'. So far so good, but I need some guidance.I have looked for the answer to this, but haven't found what I need.

I did download the 'boltbait.zip pack' of plugins, to C: Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects. Unzipped it sucessfully. Now, where is it? (I mean, in Paint, where do I find the new plugins?) :?

Thank you!!!!!

first thing to try is to close paint.net and then reopen.

generally you see in the first page of the plug in the path required. .

if it says effects>photo> that means you must click on effects scroll down to photo hover over it and see another box comes up. put your cursor over the one within the photo menu you want to use and click.

same with the other effects.

:) Thank you both for your kind help! I see the problem was not closing the program & then reopening it. When I opened it today, the new features were there in the effects, as they should be. Again, thank you very much !!!

This is a great editing, etc. program!...Peace.

I am very grateful for your hard work on the wonderful plugins you have created for paint.net, but I was curious if you could bring back the original feather effect and make the new effect separate (like Stephan recommended in an earlier post).

My rendering days are over if I can't cleanly feather the outline of the objects.

I am very grateful for your hard work on the wonderful plugins you have created for paint.net, but I was curious if you could bring back the original feather effect and make the new effect separate (like Stephan recommended in an earlier post).

My rendering days are over if I can't cleanly feather the outline of the objects.

The new feather can do everything the old one did. Why?

The new feather can do everything the old one did. Why?

Actually, the new feather effect is quite different because it causes stripes to appear on the outer areas of the image (look to Stephan's post for the 'stripe' appearance) rather than the smooth, transparent, shrinking effect it had before (as for rendering this image here). Thus the feather effect is now useless for rendering images with a clean outline.

My guess is that's because of previous anti-aliasing. You need to make the edges opaque, so that Feather can do its job.

Feather effect strength=1 is like the old feather. (True feather)

And what 007 Nab said too.

My guess is that's because of previous anti-aliasing. You need to make the edges opaque, so that Feather can do its job.

I have no idea how opaque is created, nor even what it is. Can you clarify how to perform this task?

Feather effect strength=1 is like the old feather. (True feather)

I'm not sure if you're referring to using the True Feather option for the effect, or if that is it's true name. Regardless of the strength the True Feather option creates the same stripe effect, and the default Feather effect expands the outline of the image, thus still rendering it useless for smoothing the outline.

I've also noticed that when attempting to sharpen the images, using either Sharpen or Sharpen+, the entire image is striped exactly how the new feather stripes the image.

I have no idea how opaque is created, nor even what it is. Can you clarify how to perform this task?

Yeah sure - just duplicate and merge the same layer that you want to feather, until there are no semi-transparent pixels left.

Either that - or use Mike Ryan's Alias plugin, which does a very good job.

I'm not sure if you're referring to using the True Feather option for the effect, or if that is it's true name. Regardless of the strength the True Feather option creates the same stripe effect, and the default Feather effect expands the outline of the image, thus still rendering it useless for smoothing the outline.

I've also noticed that when attempting to sharpen the images, using either Sharpen or Sharpen+, the entire image is striped exactly how the new feather stripes the image.

From what you're saying I'd bet you're still using the older version of PDN; just update to the newest one and you're done! :wink:

[":1am3qmby]I recently downloaded your latest and greatest for 3.36, but the Steganography Reveals still dont seem to work (they do the same strip thing as your other plug ins did, before the update). I didnt see anyone else mention this, but I felt I would let you know.

Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed that issue with this release.

I recompiled all of my plugins and added 2 to the pack (Lomography and Flames).

I have tried time and again to get this plug in to work. I followed the instructions on bolt's page to the letter for downloading plug ins but I still cant get it to work.

I'm making an assumption that you mean feather.

are you working on a separated layer? it requires transparent around the item. and no active selection anywhere on the layer.

try that first.

ciao

Actually I mean any of the effects. They just dont show up. I'm not sure where I am going wrong in downloading it or using it. I followed the directions :(

they were zip files, did you extract them ? make sure they are in the Paint.Net effects file. and another thing to try is to close the program and then start it up again. Some plugins require a restart of the program.

I am just curious - are Bevel and Bevel Selection two different effects? I only ask this because I already have Bevel but it is different to the one shown in your pack(no colour options in mine).If Bevel Selection gives a different effect I`ll install both .

Sorry. Just had a proper look at the list of effects in the pack and I realize now it is different - along with feather and feather selection + outline and outline selection.

i downloaded the zip and extracted the files and unblocked them all. i then reopened paint.net and there is no change they are neot in the effects menu

BB Did i ever tell you that i use Feather and Outline allot for my drawings. I find loots of use for the capability to grow and shrink an object with a few pixels.

Thanks for making and sharing them. :D

I was wondering if there is a way I can get the old feather tool back.

These plugins as well as others are great and I'm glad you've made them, but after I updated my paint.net to the latest version I then went and updated all my plugins and now the feather tool works completely differently than before, causeing stripes and effecting the whole image now instead of just the edges where the transparency and the color meet like in the old one.

The feather effect is probably the most often used effect by me, but I can't get the latest version to work well for me at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm actually just retarded. I guess after I downloaded all the effects plugins I skipped over copying the boltbait pack ones into the effects folder. When installed the feather effect works exactly as desired. lol

Not to sound ungrateful, but could you point out (for us noobs) that if you haven't saved a palette, the proper folder will not exist to extract your palette to? I stupidly wasted about 5 min. (even thought it may be a hidden folder,etc) otherwise thanx a million for all the great estuffe.

GS