How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: beauty, well-done, right-on, and thanks.

Now, to the meat:

Now, if you still have the following effect dll's installed, you can delete them:

• FlipPlugin.dll (The one done by Illnab1024 and me) - Replaced with flip.dll in this package.
    Arrows.dll - Now included in Paint.NET
    Portrait.dll - Now included in Paint.NET
    InkSketch.dll - Now included in Paint.NET
    GaussianBlurChannel.dll - Replaced with GaussianBlurPlus.dll in this package.
    Halo.dll - Replaced with Outline.dll in this package.

Also, user MadJik has written updated (better) versions of my Grid Maker plugin and my Wet Floor plugin. So, if you want those effects, go download MadJik's plugin pack.

Thanks to pyrochild for beta testing these updates and for giving me valuable feedback prior to their release.

Enjoy. 8) Beer.gif

So, I've been sifting through my Effects folder today, tidying up, doing my best to delete old, obsolete and doubled files. I have a few that I wanted to delete and replace with your new goods, but I want to make sure I'm not making more of a mess for my efforts.

Files I want to delete but my cajones are too small to pull the trigger

1. PortraitEffect.dll (same as Portrait.dll?)

2. (This might be weird.) I have all of these:

- a. Outline.dll

- b. OutlineObject.dll

- c. Outline Object.dll (note the subtle, maddening difference)

- d. Halo.dll (which I believe is the only file you suggest we delete, here)

3. Finally, should I delete all the files you've described in this post (colorbalance, steganography, pastel, transparency, etc.)?

Okay then, Taboo. That's enough shaming yourself for the day. Thanks again, BB.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze

I'm not sure about the others, but there is a difference between Outline and Outline Object. I'm not sure about the differences in the spaces, though...

pyrochild wrote OutlineObject. It's slightly more powerful but a bit harder to use than Outline.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

First of all: beauty, well-done, right-on, and thanks.

So, I've been sifting through my Effects folder today, tidying up, doing my best to delete old, obsolete and doubled files. I have a few that I wanted to delete and replace with your new goods, but I want to make sure I'm not making more of a mess for my efforts.

Files I want to delete but my cajones are too small to pull the trigger

1. PortraitEffect.dll (same as Portrait.dll?)

2. (This might be weird.) I have all of these:

- a. Outline.dll

- b. OutlineObject.dll

- c. Outline Object.dll (note the subtle, maddening difference)

- d. Halo.dll (which I believe is the only file you suggest we delete, here)

3. Finally, should I delete all the files you've described in this post (colorbalance, steganography, pastel, transparency, etc.)?

Okay then, Taboo. That's enough shaming yourself for the day. Thanks again, BB.

Unlike other plugin pack makers, I have not put all of my pack into a single dll file. This is so that you can still pick and choose which of my effects you want in your menu.

If your Effects menu is a mess, I recommend MOVING all of the dll files out of your Paint.NET/Effects folder to another location. Then, return each, one-at-a-time, and running Paint.NET to see if it is an effect you wish to keep.

Thanks to both of you (david.atwell and BoltBait),

Actually my Effects folder isn't too cluttered. I just find myself holding on to certain older .dll files in a separate folder when authors come out with new .dll files (because of the way certain features get phased out).

Then, like david.atwell pointed out with Outline (w/space, by the way) Object.dll, some files with similar objectives going by similar names are written by different authors.

- So, I have these in my Effects folder

9327_b054c47c823dbeae1d79584d5aa58100

- which produces this menu (note the icons)

9327_49390133c5b153cf7fa7234513e88b37

It tuns out that Outline Object.dll (with the space) is pyrochild's work (thanks for the tip, david.atwell) and has its own icon; and both the OutlineObject.dll (no space) and the Outline.dll effects are yours (thank you, Boltbait). The icons are the same but the effects have different options available (though I'm guessing one of them supersedes the other:

9327_110ccbf75d812d6d804ead20296f2046

Anyway, thanks again.

EDIT:

Speaking of messes, this response took about eight tries and is still fairly illegible. Sorry 'bout that.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze

Best idea might be to delete them all and just re-download them. Make sure you don't delete the pyrochild effects common DLL- just overwrite it with his newest version.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

By the way BoltBait...that "true feather" checkbox you have on the feather plugin dialog...is amazing. It worked brilliantly on a raven I cut out the other day. :D

It is the same funtion as the "shrink" check box from the old version.

True. But, now that there's a Strength slider, it is even more powerful. :D

Glad you like it.

By the way BoltBait...that "true feather" checkbox you have on the feather plugin dialog...is amazing. It worked brilliantly on a raven I cut out the other day. :D

It is the same funtion as the "shrink" check box from the old version.

True. But, now that there's a Strength slider, it is even more powerful. :D

Glad you like it.

Yeah I know :wink:

No one is ever happy. *sigh* :(

I am :D

The update kicked both "AA's" & "Basic AA's" behind.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

When I turned on my computer this morning it said there were errors and asked if I wanted to fix them. I fixed them and tried to reload this plugin and IT WORKED!!! I did nothing different than I had been doing. It just suddenly worked!!! This is a great pack!!! I can't wait to start creating!!!

No one is ever happy. *sigh* :(

I am :D

The update kicked both "AA's" & "Basic AA's" behind.

I never get tired of hearing that. :D

Lol, the first time i heard that I laughed

omExTE6.png

What's the link for the outline object? I need it!

I dont quite understand why you ask this question in this tread. That plugin was made by pyrochild. But this link might help you.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5715

Remember, search is your friend. :wink:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Oh, and if you're not too bright (as I can prove to be) you have to update to the newer version of paint.net for some of these to work. (I learned that the hard way, silly me for being too lazy to update it) :roll:

Oh, and if you're not too bright (as I can prove to be) you have to update to the newer version of paint.net for some of these to work. (I learned that the hard way, silly me for being too lazy to update it) :roll:

All plugins in this pack were compiled against Paint.NET version 3.20.

I have no idea what version I had, but I hadn't updated since I originally downloaded it, maybe a year ago? Anyway, a couple of the effects refused to show up until I did update. I always before had everything I needed, until I saw the feather bit and knew I had to have it. Nice pack!