How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Is it possible to improve bevel selection for the next update?

I'd like:

- A degree wheel to chose the angle of the "light".

- And a bevel mode which doesn't bevel a selection, but objects surrounded by transparent pixels?

Does anybody understand my gibberish?

Is it possible to improve bevel selection for the next update?

I'd like:

1) A degree wheel to chose the angle of the "light".

2) And a bevel mode which doesn't bevel a selection, but objects surrounded by transparent pixels?

Does anybody understand my gibberish?

Answers:

1) viewtopic.php?p=206178#p206178

2) use magic wand on transparent pixel, Ctrl-I to invert selection, run effect.

2) use magic wand on transparent pixel, Ctrl-I to invert selection, run effect.

Yeah i know that, but the result has aliased edges then... It's still not as clean as an Alphamask :/

I always immitated this effect with pyros object outline plugin. I just added two angled outlines...Is it really so hard to code this? Or to automating these steps: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25452 (PART II)

Note: All plugins in this pack have been updated for Paint.NET 3.36.

Effects > Steganography

• Hidden.png Hide Image - Used to hide one image inside of another. Secret agent stuff. Useful for placing a hidden watermark in your image (like a copyright message, etc.)
:idea:
Reveal Hidden B&W Image - The companion to Hide Image, this reveals a previously hidden image.
Reveal Hidden Color Image - The companion to Hide Image, this reveals a previously hidden image.

Thanks BoltBait for all your hard work, and time with everything you do here.

I have used your plugins a lot, and really appreciate them.

I recently downloaded your latest and greatest for 3.36, but the Steganography Reveals still dont seem to work (they do the same strip thing as your other plug ins did, before the update). I didnt see anyone else mention this, but I felt I would let you know.

Again, thanks for everything. You stuff is great. :D

I'm very new to this program & am trying to 'get it all'. So far so good, but I need some guidance.I have looked for the answer to this, but haven't found what I need.

I did download the 'boltbait.zip pack' of plugins, to C: Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects. Unzipped it sucessfully. Now, where is it? (I mean, in Paint, where do I find the new plugins?) :?

Thank you!!!!!

I'm very new to this program & am trying to 'get it all'. So far so good, but I need some guidance.I have looked for the answer to this, but haven't found what I need.

I did download the 'boltbait.zip pack' of plugins, to C: Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects. Unzipped it sucessfully. Now, where is it? (I mean, in Paint, where do I find the new plugins?) :?

Thank you!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023&start=0

wrong thread...

Thank you!!!!!

first thing to try is to close paint.net and then reopen.

generally you see in the first page of the plug in the path required. .

if it says effects>photo> that means you must click on effects scroll down to photo hover over it and see another box comes up. put your cursor over the one within the photo menu you want to use and click.

same with the other effects.

:) Thank you both for your kind help! I see the problem was not closing the program & then reopening it. When I opened it today, the new features were there in the effects, as they should be. Again, thank you very much !!!

This is a great editing, etc. program!...Peace.

I am very grateful for your hard work on the wonderful plugins you have created for paint.net, but I was curious if you could bring back the original feather effect and make the new effect separate (like Stephan recommended in an earlier post).

My rendering days are over if I can't cleanly feather the outline of the objects.

I am very grateful for your hard work on the wonderful plugins you have created for paint.net, but I was curious if you could bring back the original feather effect and make the new effect separate (like Stephan recommended in an earlier post).

My rendering days are over if I can't cleanly feather the outline of the objects.

The new feather can do everything the old one did. Why?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

The new feather can do everything the old one did. Why?

Actually, the new feather effect is quite different because it causes stripes to appear on the outer areas of the image (look to Stephan's post for the 'stripe' appearance) rather than the smooth, transparent, shrinking effect it had before (as for rendering this image here). Thus the feather effect is now useless for rendering images with a clean outline.

My guess is that's because of previous anti-aliasing. You need to make the edges opaque, so that Feather can do its job.

I have no idea how opaque is created, nor even what it is. Can you clarify how to perform this task?

Feather effect strength=1 is like the old feather. (True feather)

I'm not sure if you're referring to using the True Feather option for the effect, or if that is it's true name. Regardless of the strength the True Feather option creates the same stripe effect, and the default Feather effect expands the outline of the image, thus still rendering it useless for smoothing the outline.

I've also noticed that when attempting to sharpen the images, using either Sharpen or Sharpen+, the entire image is striped exactly how the new feather stripes the image.

My guess is that's because of previous anti-aliasing. You need to make the edges opaque, so that Feather can do its job.

I have no idea how opaque is created, nor even what it is. Can you clarify how to perform this task?

Yeah sure - just duplicate and merge the same layer that you want to feather, until there are no semi-transparent pixels left.

Either that - or use Mike Ryan's Alias plugin, which does a very good job.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I'm not sure if you're referring to using the True Feather option for the effect, or if that is it's true name. Regardless of the strength the True Feather option creates the same stripe effect, and the default Feather effect expands the outline of the image, thus still rendering it useless for smoothing the outline.

I've also noticed that when attempting to sharpen the images, using either Sharpen or Sharpen+, the entire image is striped exactly how the new feather stripes the image.

From what you're saying I'd bet you're still using the older version of PDN; just update to the newest one and you're done! :wink:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

[":1am3qmby]I recently downloaded your latest and greatest for 3.36, but the Steganography Reveals still dont seem to work (they do the same strip thing as your other plug ins did, before the update). I didnt see anyone else mention this, but I felt I would let you know.

Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed that issue with this release.

I recompiled all of my plugins and added 2 to the pack (Lomography and Flames).

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried time and again to get this plug in to work. I followed the instructions on bolt's page to the letter for downloading plug ins but I still cant get it to work.