How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Yes. That's exactly it.

I'm curious if another DLL is "messing" with my stuff.

In fact, you may want to uninstall Paint.NET and completely delete the Paint.NET directory before reinstalling a fresh copy of Paint.NET and then installing the effect DLL files one-by-one.

I found the .dll causing the mess: PaintDotNet.Base.dll. The file details say it was created by the Paint.NET team, though. Strange. Very strange. Mostly because it was located in the effects directory.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BoltBait, Your Plugin's are amazingly awesome!

Use them almost everytime.

Thanks a Lot!

Yours,

Beware

Writing a game, all artwork done in Paint.NET!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a really new user of Paint.NET, as well as a new user of this forum. BoltBait's Plugin Pack seems extremely useful, and I'm sure it would be if I could only download it! Each time I click on the link to the zip file, I get a 403 Forbidden message that says the website requires me to login- but I AM logged in! Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or had similar problems?

P.S. It's not just BoltBait's Plugin Pack I am having trouble with- I get the same message whenever I try to download ANY plugin.

All help is appreciated!

Hmmm.... I don't know... here is what I tried...

1. Emptied my browser cache and restarted IE7.

2. Disabled Windows firwall.

3. Disabled my antivirus/security software.

4. Restarted IE7, logged in, tried downloading again... same result.

5. Tried using Mozilla Firefox browser with the same result (although the error message was slightly different... "This object has been blocked").

6. Successfully downloaded and opened a zip file from geocaching.com

I'll keep nibbling at the problem, and thank you for your prompt reply :)

Many thanks for the reminder, and I was finally able to download and install the plugins- I kept refreshing the 403 page and voila, it finally worked! :)

Now comes the fun part... and thanks again for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
So any ideas about the new plug-in?

What do you mean? ;)

(OK, actually, I do have 3 new plugins... 2 ready to go and 1 being optimized by Ed Harvey right now. I'll publish all three when he's done.)

A little hint of what they are? :lol:

.:Latest:.

14b6u5j.png

I went to your site and found your arrow plugin. This can be very useful for tutorials and I just want to say thank you. One thing about the plugin though is that I wish in the plugin, you could change the width of the arrow in the plugin instead of having to go to change the paintbrush width or line width in order for it to work. Another thing about this plugin that would be great, but not needed would be able to change the arrow color in the plugin instead of going to the color wheel. Sorry for lots of requests on this plugin, but it would be great if you could do that.

oh great, after finishing this post, i realized that there was already a feature of this in the updated version of pdn. I didn't even know that you could do that until now...lol :oops:

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I just tried the old feather in 3.36. It does some freaky stuff, but I love the effect!

28v4lmf.png

Perhaps you could make it into a separate plug in... Outline lines?