How to Install Plugins ×

Power Stretch 2.0 Beta (updated May 3 2008)

pyjo

Thanks to the new Codelab plugin, the Beta version of PowerStretch 2.0 is available.

Now BoltBait will get his kids smiling in few seconds.

The previous version of PowerStretch is still available (see below).

Download >> Power Stretch 1.0

-Improved performance (good even with large photos)

-Improved rendering quality

-Random pixels bug fixed (perhaps not completely, but they are now very unlikely to appear)

Have fun.

Pyjo.

Let's see some example of this distort plugin.

With PowerStretch you can make an egg without being a hen

Egg.jpg

(Shape3D+PowerStretch)

And you can shape Eve's body without being God:

Eve.jpg

(Gradients+PowerStretch).

These two were 100%PdN examples. You can also use PowerStretch for photo editing.

For example you can change a cat or a sparrow into something other:

Cat.jpg

(PowerStretch only).

Bird.jpg

(Magic Wand, Basic Antialias, PowerStretch).

PowerStretch is also very funny, since it makes Mona Lisa smile even more than usual:

MonaLisa.jpg

(PowerStretch only)

And now the bad news. PowerStretch isn't an easy-to-use effect. Here you can see how to use its controls:

StretchDesc.jpg

Due to limitations of Codelab user interface, you cannot choose where to apply distorsion: the stretched area is always set in the center of the picture. You therefore often have to move the objects to be stretched.

The pictures I posted contain some suggestions for using this plugin. Please post comments and possibily some picture obtained with the plugin with other use suggestions.

Bye

Pyjo.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added links to zipped DLL (both versions). Rehosted missing images

can you add a thing somehow that is like on the bulge where you choose where its location is?

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

Due to limitations of Codelab user interface, you cannot choose where to apply distorsion: the stretched area is always set in the center of the picture. You therefore often have to move the objects to be stretched.

;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, and with another thing than codelab...?

Ah found me a leetle bug...PwrStretch.gif just as well it's only beta and not a weta :D

Thanks for the comments. Here the replies:

@Fisherman's friend & D.C. (Conviction. I'm using Codelab since it is free and easy to use: in other words the best for non-professional developers. It has some limitation in the interface, but it is so useful that nobody can blame it for having these limitations. "Another thing than codelab" could be perhaps visual studio. I don't have Visual studio, I don't want to install it on my PC and don't want to learn how to use it. At least not at the moment. When I'll release the source code maybe some kind PdN developer will want to add a good user interface to it. (btw, until PdN3.20 was released, effects like Bulge or twist didn't give the ability of choosing where to apply distorsion: you had to move objects as with Power Stretch.)

@Ego Eram Reputo. Sorry for this hideous bug. The fix will come soon. EDIT: fixed. A little change in numeric values of the sliders, also.

@Topezia: thanks for the examples.

@autodafe: Thanks to you, too. Nice work. Now try to stretch the object in foreground without affecting the background, as in my sparrow picture.

EDIT: here my example.

Herbie%204-24-04.2.jpg

Herbiec.jpg

Bye

Pyjo.

When I'll release the source code maybe some kind PdN developer will want to add a good user interface to it. (btw, until PdN3.20 was released, effects like Bulge or twist didn't give the ability of choosing where to apply distorsion: you had to move objects as with Power Stretch.)

I actually meant that you share the source. I've thought several times if I should download VS myself, but the download is just too huge and would be a flood on my HDD. But why don't you just share the source now, maybe the solution is found fastly and would be right there with the final?

And I use PDN since 2.xx and due to the fact that it is now possible to choose the center of the effect it should be done whereverer possible.

The point is Power Stretch is an excellent plugin, the lack of the mentioned option forces you to release it under it's value.

Thanks for the "excellent" rating.

The beta period just started. Now I want only to collect some comment while working on refining the code. I'd like to improve performance and rendering quality by myself; I also want to add a feature that will require some work, then the code will be released. In the meantime you can use the plugin as is: even if it is not easy to use, you can do some good things with it. You can also try to guess how it works :).

Bye

Pyjo.

I don't have Visual studio, I don't want to install it on my PC and don't want to learn how to use it.

C'mon, you know that only the latter is true ;-)

BTW: nice rendition of the love bug picture, you have to show me how you did it...But I won't be in the office with you in the next two weeks :-(

Honestly... Honestly...

Nice refinement, though--

Intuitivity and a stable formula makes cause for a better effect. Also, mine was based on a "z-bounce" type deal, yours isn't; mine uses the gaussian function, yours seems to use just a series of distance formulae? . . Either way, nice deal.

9.9~ / 10

~~

Honestly... I can't say I understand everything in your post.

You perhaps refer to your PointWarp plugin. I think these two plugins are very different. PointWarp is a "strange" effect and is useful mainly for abstract pictures, mine is perhaps better for more concrete drawings and photo editing (as in my examples), since its effect is simpler and more predictable.

The math used here was developed by me. It is quite simple. It is based on calculating straight lines and circumferences equations and intersections. Some problem with a division by zero is avoided by producing the "random" pixels. Will be fixed.

Bye

Pyjo.

With a bit of work, some day, I'm hoping you'll be able to change this plugin so that the distortion effect isn't so centre based.

Remember, in the Bulge effect, you could only do it from a centre point of an image, but now with 3.20 + you can choose the location of your bulge effect.

That's what I really want in future versions oft this effect. I hope its possible. :)

• 3 weeks later...