Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

:shock: I go away for awhile and I come back to find the Pictorium up and running?

omgwtfbbqhaqs!?!one

Ok, now that the initial shock is over, let's get to business. :D

For those who've been paying attention in the past, I really enjoy using Shape3D to make real life objects. How realistic they look is a matter of opinion. I feel these five are the most realistic representation of the object I could manage.

It all really started to take off when I made this drumset. It was a good challenge at first and really taught me a good deal about how Shape3D and all the other aspects of Paint.NET work.

Drumkit_V2_by_Eulogy_Dignity.jpg

This laptop was fun too. The Apple logo was chosen because it's so easy to draw. :P

Laptop_by_Eulogy_Dignity.jpg

(I tried making an open version of this too, I'm not as pleased with it. [link])

This was an experiment using the Cube map, stretching everything to look right when it got bigger was fun.

Cigarette_Pack_by_Eulogy_Dignity.jpg

*Smoking is still dangerous, just read my warning labels. ;)

One day I noticed people making iPods and such. ... A few hours later I unleashed this upon the world.

Playstation_2_Controller_by_Eulogy_.jpg

Shortly after making this, I was challenged to make an Xbox 360 controller. ... It just isn't happening. :P

And finally, the paper bag. The angles are tricky to figure out in Shape3D, but now I can tell my friends that I wasted about an hour or two of my life figuring out the perfect angle to apply to a computer generated paper bag. I'm so fulfilled. :]

_O_Paper_Bag_O__by_Eulogy_Dignity.jpg

Ok so that's all of them. :D In my opinion, these are realistic (well, as realistic as I can get anyway.) If they belong elsewhere... tell me where. :shock:

@Wither: I had to re-log in to tell you I am wordless :shock: You rule! (still waiting the damn paper bag tut ...)

Fantastic fantastic fantastic : O.M.M. (oh mamma mia! :D )

Ciao

Wow! :shock: :shock: . Looks like you've mastered the shape 3d plugin.

As requested I made a tutorial for a paint brush. Enjoy. But after looking at Withers creation, I feel like I've been drawing with Crayons :) .

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

*Gasp* Those are Awesome, Wither! The drum set looks super real! Wow! :shock:

As requested I made a tutorial for a paint brush. Enjoy. But after looking at Withers creation, I feel like I've been drawing with Crayons :) .

Self esteem issues?

*Gasp* Those are Awesome, Wither! The drum set looks super real! Wow! :shock:

Self esteem issues?

Ha Ha. Nope!

The statement was meant to be another compliment aimed toward Wither. I don't waste my time on silly things like self esteem :).

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

nice wither I've always admired your work.

good addition to the art on our pictorium.

well here is one from me. Its been a long haul on this one. not my regular style, very challenging.

th_forpaint.png

I'll add a link in my gallery to the larger size on da

Nice one Oma! Indiana Jones, I presume?

Does it look like an ice cube? Yes? No? Maybe? (Besides the extremely jagged edges)

IceCubeExperiment.png

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Thanks Mike! :D

P.S. The background is just a very subtle clouds with a Tile Reflection with -11 curvature.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I'll work on it. :mrgreen:

(After I finish my homework, of course)

EDIT: I tried to smooth out the edges a little. I'm not sure how to round out the edges more though. :|

IceCubeExperimentv2.png

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Thanks Miguel. :D

The only bad thing is that if you put my ice cube on a black and white (or probably any other color at all) background, it doesn't look anything like ice. :|

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

I'll work on it. :mrgreen:

(After I finish my homework, of course)

EDIT: I tried to smooth out the edges a little. I'm not sure how to round out the edges more though. :|

th_IceCubeExperimentv2.png

Much better, maybe down the distort a bit if you still have the "before distort" image?

Thanks Miguel. :D

The only bad thing is that if you put my ice cube on a black and white (or probably any other color at all) background, it doesn't look anything like ice. :|

Yes, I did run into that problem while working on mine :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thanks for the tips Ash. :P

I'll get to work on it tomorrow when I have time, it's kind of late right now and I have a dreadful cold. :(

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

I know this one is OFF, but you guys get an idea of the KICK I am on right now. I will try a more realistic brush, mid stroke, later.

funkybrush.jpg

good start tourist

Expiration I especially like the background

Oma nicely done

I have been working on frames and working on trying to get myself to post in this new pictorium.

moreframes54.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Wow. The frame has got a great antique look to it Janetsue.

I think I like the road the best in your landscape Max Power.

I made another brush.

roundbrush640x480.jpg

The grass in your picture is very nice, but I don't like the sun that much.

If you would adjust the clouds with the "rotate/zoom" function, so that it has more depth and a 3D appearance it would look even better.

The grass in your picture is very nice, but I don't like the sun that much.

If you would adjust the clouds with the "rotate/zoom" function, so that it has more depth and a 3D appearance it would look even better.

Thx Max Power, I will try that. :)