Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

My first attempt to use paint dot net in about 5 months:

the inspiration for these was 1950's Sci-fi short stories. (specifically: "In the Country of the Blind, No One Can See" by Melisa Michaels, several of Isaac Asimov's works, Gary R. Osgood's "To Sin Against Systems", and "Low Grade Ore" by Kevin O' Donnell Jr.)

I had the image posted, but 1280 x 1024 and 1024 x 768 are really too large to post on here, so here's the links to 'em: (WARNING Dial-up users!)

The Final Desctruction

The words say:

And thus came

the Final Destruction.

And when it came,

it came on blind eyes

and deaf ears.

The fragments are the bits of the Earth getting ripped apart.

And here's a negative of that pic:

Descent Into Hell

So, whaddya think?

EDIT:

Here's one I did while browsing around these forums, got the inspiration from Guns N' Roses song "November Rain"

November Rain

MatoyakSignatureSlashedTL.png

iKid- nice abstract and good use of shape 3D. Although i think the edges need to be more antialiased but apart from that its cool.

Matoyak- Thats pretty deep man especially the words :lol: i like it its pretty cool i dont know whether i like the invered one beter than the original.

Thanks Blooper. Although i dont know who that guy is i'm sure he's good at that stuff. I might google him...

iKid- nice abstract and good use of shape 3D. Although i think the edges need to be more antialiased but apart from that its cool.

Matoyak- Thats pretty deep man especially the words :lol: i like it its pretty cool i dont know whether i like the invered one beter than the original.

Thanks Blooper. Although i dont know who that guy is i'm sure he's good at that stuff. I might google him...

http://verndewd.deviantart.com

"New something in red" looks great. It reminds me of a Christmas ornament. (That's a good thing, though. :) ) Part of it looks see-through and the background is quite nice. Using a Ps tutorial, I created a Blackberry-style Wallpaper. It's not perfect, but I want to know what other people think of it.

This is moderately close to "New Something in Red", so people, PLEASE NOTICE THAT PIECE, TOO!

th_blackberry.png

Click to enlarge

drew-10.png

Quite good PS tut conversion there Drew :)

A few things though. It seems sorta "washed out" and pale. I think you should add in a bit more saturation in the red gradients you use. Perhaps you should use a bright little glow on the lines too. Other than that, it's cool :)

I figured you would do this some time or another. You did a great job! Much better than mine. Your's looks "warmer". I don't know why this used to be so hard for me, but I just got the hang of simulating the "simulate pressure" Ps feature.

drew-10.png

I figured you would do this some time or another. You did a great job! Much better than mine. Your's looks "warmer". I don't know why this used to be so hard for me, but I just got the hang of simulating the "simulate pressure" Ps feature.

Thanks Drew. :mrgreen:

By "Simulate Pressure," do you mean the soft brushes?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

@Drew @Livewrong thanks for the compliments about my red thing I am actually not very satisfied with it it, is full of flaws but I like the red-chrome color that came out (and that's thanks to the shape-3d tool I have no credit for that :D )

p.s.: the blackberry wall-paper looks nice, just need a stronger red.