Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

This one has such an infinity of possible choices (between blending modes and/or adding subtracting layers) which I actually do not know which one looks better (or if the all bunch sucks... :? ): Any suggestions, please?

biancoenero7502versione.png

biancoenero750xxor.png

biancoenero7502.png

biancoenero750x.png

Forgot to add a title: "De Chirico, more or less... :lol: "

Yeah, thanks Blooper that's the one I like too, although I am not satisfied with the left bottom corner, I wanted to give some perspective outhere like some marble steps or a pillar, do not know, as for making steps I'll have to check tutorials to see how I can do it (I got something similar to a flight of stairs once using rotate/zoom tool with tiling but what I need there is just 2 or 3 deep step, so :? )

That's cool, Livewrong but what I like most is the shadowed background, why not give a try with that one only (of course if you did not flattered all the layers already :D)

Mother's day is approaching and we have a proverb (from Naples) that says "Ogni scarrafone è bell’ a mamm’ soja " which, translated is more or less "Every cockroach is a beauty for his mom" so I made up this image just for fun:

oscarrafone.png

Shall I need to say that the bunch of roses is a stock :lol: ? And the frame comes from share your paint-net brushes but I regret I don't recall the name of the donor

Ciao ciao

@Topezia-Err, that was only one layer. :lol: I just used bars, anchored at the bottom, and then the top, and then I changed the colors, got rid of the white space, and did the Film effect. It was all random, playing it by eye. I go for simplistic abstract pieces, I suppose.

Aguba, that rocks! :D

I am posting too often here, I'll have to take a rest I suppose :D , but that's my "creative" period, here is the wonderful world of 3d, rotating layers, changing layers blend modes, drosting and adding a bit of kaleidoscoping ... (that's the title)

spiraleoro-1.jpg

I am posting too often here, I'll have to take a rest I suppose :D , but that's my "creative" period, here is the wonderful world of 3d, rotating layers, changing layers blend modes, drosting and adding a bit of kaleidoscoping ... (that's the title).

th_spiraleoro-1.jpg

Excellent, I love it the abstract image, but I don't think the frame is doing it any favours; the red doesn't enhance the image (IMO).

I would have framed it quite differently (I hope you don't mind me messing with your image, but it's just for demonstration purposes)...

Kaleidoscoping.png

I simply fill the frame area, on a new layer, black and set the transparency to 128%. Then on another layer, select the area inside the frame, set your primary and secondary colours to White, Effects > Render > Bevel: Depth 2, Strength 20 - I then set the blending mode of this layer to Overlay.

Anyway, as I said, the abstract itself is stunning - great work.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Wow cjmcguinness, Thanks! That coming from you would deserve my happy dance again but I am presently too tired to move a limb :lol: . No I do not mind at all, I always enjoy feedback and advices, yes black definitely gives more dramaticity ( :?: ) to the picture. May be you enlarged a bit the image before all the steps? I like the transparency of your black frame where you can see through the image but I gave a quick try following your steps and all I got was transparency with my old frame showing off again in an awful blackish/reddish :? Oh, never mind I can always put a new black frame and try again, :D