Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

@Barbieq25: Thank you :D He did really like it!

@Welshblue: You know..I've never noticed that before. That's going to really bug me but I'll try and leave it be.

Also, there's actually a very faint 3rd line going across the bottom to make a 'shifted' triangle :)

Dryda, I thought that line was meant to be there. I think it does need to be in there because I just love triangles :D I like all of the squares the way they are. Kinda in-your-face but not?? Hard to explain but they demand attention while the blurred ones kinda draw it back again.

Here is my abstract offering:

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png">http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png

Inspiration & original artist - http://www.robinstreetmarket.com/uploads/photos/australia/leene_aavik/paris_hat_red.jpg  

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Just wonderful! I have to look carefully to make sure they are not in fact moving! 

Completely agree with Welshy too :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

Ach...your picture is making my head hurt, yellowman D: Nice work!

sb2fyr.png

Thought I'd go a little farther with my avatar.

Edited by pdnnoob
  • Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Top work pdnnoob B) how did you get that effect? multiple layers on S3D ? great image sir.

Edit: Great set of cogs yellowman, another perfect creation :)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Oh PDNNoob that is great! Looks like you & Yellowman have this thing sussed out with the layers. I am loving it!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the colours Daniels used since it gives the feeling of energy (frenetic)  but then NiteNurse's also has an energy but in a different way (like it hums quietly). Both are very nicely done.

Xhin, lovely works appalling manners. 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Don't know what to call it:

cogsabs_zps39175c2c.jpg

If this is 100% Paint.NET, I'm going to have to demand a tutorial out of you.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks so much david, and great to see you posting again.

It is actually 100% PDN, all cogs made basiclly using these 2 tutorial, then playing with Droste and some other plugins and effects.

I trying for long time to make a text version of the first method, but lack of time is the problem. :)

• Upvote 1

Nice works from Daniels, Nitenurse and Xhin, very creative from you all. Have to agree with others @Xhin - Good manners cost nothing ;)

Here is something that I think may fit as an abstract, (Reason - I don't know what I made :lol: )

something.png

BREtKQW.png

Cheers mate, the BG started off as a diamond gradient then I duplicated the layer and messed with the blend modes, a happy stumble upon.

It could be weapon, my guess it is gonna hurt when it hits :lol:

BREtKQW.png

DD - its a button thingy like they have on Star Trek :D

I really like the shape of the metal with the disc behind it. Way cool!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Drewdale - I think maybe a weapon/shield combo. And will blind your enemies with it's shininess. 

P0th3ad - I like how the ships are swirling around, but is that Polar Inversion you used? It can be a tricky thing to use and in this case it's making top of skull's head a little large. I like the way your sig is abstracted, there's just enough to make me wonder where that is. Welcome to the forum, hope to see more from you.

Thank you Red Ochre for FurBlur plugin. :happeh:

Destination.png

Destination

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

It can be a tricky thing to use and in this case it's making top of skull's head a little large.

thanks for the criticism! i couldn't decide on what type of skull i wanted. i sort of had the skull style from halo in mind so i left it big

inhp9z.png

Very nice recent art  here from you all, the depth in that gradient is great DrewDale, I like the button thingy too, nice and shiny. Poth3ad that is stunning, it looks almost like a lace effect and glowing :)  Doughty, that is a really nice texture / fabric thing going on there, I really like the tones and shade to it :)

I made this using FurBlur and Zoom Blur :)

abstract_zps8c050fdb.png

Y7O8WRy.png