Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

I was inspired by your posting of Dali's "Persistence Of Memory" and your modern recreation. I though I would give it a go.....

No, not the big one - the thumbnail one. Awesome work! It was entered in the WOTW comp & won but read the post in that section & it will explain it all.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully its in the right place for my first abstract pic... but I havent any idea how to start... so this is the result of my "playing around with effects"

abstractjt.png

think its kind of honeycromb or something like this :D

Edited by Cortez

prototypen.png

• 3 weeks later...

Love the last one the best!

Thank you, kind friend! I personally like the second to last best. After getting a new 1 grand laptop, I have kicked my skills into overdrive to populate my 640 GB hardrive with new creations!

EDIT:

Another one bites the page!

0RIKO.png

Edited by Tiharo

pLzOv.png

Hi Everyone, Ive been a long time lurker here at the forums, and i thought it was about time i posted some of my shtuff. i almost exclusively make abstracts, and they are ALL 100% PDN. For now i am just resizing them in the reply window, if there is a better way let me know!

C&C appreciated

Elektro Stikz:

esn69j.png

Stasis:

f10hfs.png

The Watchers:

10rinmt.png

Apple:

opwyzo.png

Edited by Apokolypze

Apokolypze, your work is very nice so far. The posting guidelines say that we should comment on the previous one at least before posting our own & giving people a chance to comment others' work.

So with that in mind I'd like to go back & tell Tiharo that I love the way the glowy lightning lines are used.

Both Tiharo & Apokolypze make very good use of glowy lines & I really like the dark backgrounds. Pure black is often less dramatic than using say very dark blue & black Clouds rendered at a high scale.

Why not open a gallery of your own to show off your latest works. It is always exciting to see a new gallery open.

Tiharo, "another one bites the page" would make a great gallery header, as would Elektro Stikz for Apokolypze!

Now having said all that I promised Patty I'd post this so I am going to break with my better judgement & ask your forgiveness.

th_CollabwithPattyAllClear.png

Collab with Patty - All Clear

th_CollabwithPatty.png

Collab with Patty

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

No problems...but I'd really like to see a gallery from you both.

Apokolypze, I've making jewels for quite some time & still trying to perfect the technique :mrgreen: The jewel was the centre recoloured with Colour Tint & a gold band put around it & some shadow. Patty provided an awesome starting image. I just gave it a 3D touch with Tube Oblique & used Gradient for the background, messed with the blend modes & upped the Brightness/Contrast.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Apokolypze, your work is very nice so far. The posting guidelines say that we should comment on the previous one at least before posting our own & giving people a chance to comment others' work.

So with that in mind I'd like to go back & tell Tiharo that I love the way the glowy lightning lines are used.

Both Tiharo & Apokolypze make very good use of glowy lines & I really like the dark backgrounds. Pure black is often less dramatic than using say very dark blue & black Clouds rendered at a high scale.

Why not open a gallery of your own to show off your latest works. It is always exciting to see a new gallery open.

Tiharo, "another one bites the page" would make a great gallery header, as would Elektro Stikz for Apokolypze!

Now having said all that I promised Patty I'd post this so I am going to break with my better judgement & ask your forgiveness.

th_CollabwithPattyAllClear.png

Collab with Patty - All Clear

th_CollabwithPatty.png

Collab with Patty

Thank you for the kind words. Your advice, I will use (Yoda FTW). Im going to start a gallery once I finish my latest project. Ill give you a hint to raise you excitement: Seeing is believing. B, you give me such joy in making my pieces of art, that I will make a custom wall paper for you. Just give me the resolution and subject and I will whip it up in a jiffy!

EDIT: HELP: WHERE IS THE "MAKE YOUR OWN EYE" TUT LOCATED!!!! PLEASE HELP MY WORK NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!

Edited by Tiharo

pLzOv.png

Tiharo and Apokolypze, I would have to agree with bbq...you really should both create a gallery of your own..I would love to see some more of your work..excellent pieces so far..want to see more!! :mrgreen:

regards j.d.

Thank you for the kind words. Your advice, I will use (Yoda FTW). Im going to start a gallery once I finish my latest project. Ill give you a hint to raise you excitement: Seeing is believing. B, you give me such joy in making my pieces of art, that I will make a custom wall paper for you. Just give me the resolution and subject and I will whip it up in a jiffy! EDIT: HELP: WHERE IS THE "MAKE YOUR OWN EYE" TUT LOCATED!!!! PLEASE HELP MY WORK NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!

Very keen to see your gallery. You really don't have to make me anything. I am always happy to help out someone. However, I know the pleasure one gets from making something for someone. 1280 x 768 is the screen resolution that I am using at the moment. As for subject - surprise me. I love colour & abstract.

Is this the tute you're looking for?

Also just as side note: Please don't use all capitals for sentences because in the world of electronic communication it is the same as shouting, which is considered very rude & limit the exclamation marks to no more than three but 2 gets the point across quickly. Sometimes it is hard to remember the rules - for all of us.

Using the search function does not always work too well for me so I go through the Tutorial (or any section I want to find something on) page by page. I found the eye tute that way.

Probably this post is off-topic & should have gone into either one of our galleries :roll:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012