Image Umbrella: Interfaces

david.atwell

• [*:1bknox54]I don't really like the background.
    [*:1bknox54]The three-point gradient looks a bit unprofessional to me.
    [*:1bknox54]I think the white part joined to the header image should be part of the header image rather than white.

thanks for the tips simon, i agree with the gradient thing, i wasnt happy with the color scheme, ill go back and redo it tommorow, i need to add some more shading to the white part, i have a vision for that, but it didnt quite work out, ill post my final some time tommorow.

Thanks

Kevin

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Also, assuming it is a business, IMO it should say "Contact Us" rather than "Contact Me".

well its a self owned/ran business, theres really only one guy. Ill probally change it any way just because you dont see many 'contact me's lol

japannese.jpg

Also, assuming it is a business, IMO it should say "Contact Us" rather than "Contact Me".

well its a self owned/ran business, theres really only one guy. Ill probally change it any way just because you dont see many 'contact me's lol

Still - "Contact Me" sounds unprofessional to me.

KaHuc.png

Still - "Contact Me" sounds unprofessional to me.

true, ill fix it :P, still working with the layout.... the client really is giving me nothing to go on... just 'make a web page' haha, so its a bit annoying because ill show him something say 'hey about a button like this?' and he says 'looks good but i dont want blue' 'what color do you want?' 'it doesnt matter' lol but were geting some where lol, its a handy man page, im scraping that design above, i like it but its not what i was trying for, ill keep it in my portfolio for now. I think ill create a website that looks kinda like a construction site...hmmmm.. any ways thanks simon, ill be sure to post the final here

Kevin

japannese.jpg

okay so i tried a different approach, im kinda playing around with this project because its a volenteer project. i went for a less professional look. In my mind i was thinking of a little kids room, decorated with construction symbols, i only did the header so far, what do you think?

Construction-homerepair.gif

japannese.jpg

Bright colors are not the way to go when designing a website...especially multiple bright colors. Yellow in particular makes me go "ow my eyes!" ;) Anyway, that's my two cents...perhaps add some shading to make the buttons stand out a little as well...? Good luck! 8)

Bright colors are not the way to go when designing a website...especially multiple bright colors. Yellow in particular makes me go "ow my eyes!" ;) Anyway, that's my two cents...perhaps add some shading to make the buttons stand out a little as well...? Good luck! 8)

thanks for the advice, i think im just gona create this page like i usually would instead of trying new things. Ill try some new stuff on my personal page instead. The one i drew above^^ kinda reminds me of home depot lol.

japannese.jpg

Nice concept- I especially like the idea of a bootable version of Paint.net! On the topic of looks, I also like the taskbar, and the way you blended the letters, though I would suggest a slightly different background, possibly one that draws the eye more towards the logo. I like it!

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Nice concept- I especially like the idea of a bootable version of Paint.net! On the topic of looks, I also like the taskbar, and the way you blended the letters, though I would suggest a slightly different background, possibly one that draws the eye more towards the logo. I like it!

Thanks! I'm working on it as I post. I wish I kept the PDN file!

Edit: Now I'm done!

PDNBootableEd.png

Click it to download the PDN file. Please note that it is only 75% PDN and only 75% me. I got some of the window border and the background image from a person called Thoosje on another forum.

pdnfsig.png

Haha, I thought I recognized that footer ... :lol:

Your web design looks very sleek. Keep it up!

PSDTuts is my #1 source for quality PS tuts to convert! :D I check it every day.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Jake2k: :D nice design, very shiny and sleek and easy on the eyes, and I especially like the navigation bar, with the lights at the bottom when you move over them, and the bottom...

A webpage I have been working on for an assignment in school. I used paint.net to create most of the graphics.

The homepage

The homepage when a link on the navigation bar is scrolled over

The basic format for all other pages.

Here's another:

newwebpreviewqc9.png

Nice! I like it much more than the other one, and it looks so shiny and yet mechanical! The way the rolled over button shines on the mesh is a little detail that makes it that much cooler! 8)

pdnradiothumbbp5.png

Click for Deviation...

Paint.NET for digital radios. If you look closely, you will see that the image is Paint.NET running on a radio.

KaHuc.png

I'm at work so I don't have all my old website to post, but two that I've made recently:

http://www.followtheleaderfoundation.com

Made for a client, site isn't mine but the layout is and the copyright belongs to me, see Licence link at bottom for more. A bit simplistic.

http://aaziz.org

My personal website. Not just a bit simplistic, a lot simplistic. I stopped coding the Blog CSS half way through, and I'm going to code my own blog system anyways (Python on Planes or Ruby on Rails if I can, otherwise either Perl or I'll just stick with PHP).

Let me know what you think for both sites. I do realise that there are broken links on aaziz.org, but that's fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Could you please supply the PDN file?

I'm sorry but I'm new to this forum and I don't really understand what you're asking of me

He means the original file, in .PDN format, if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Google.png

Click ^^

Credit to helio!

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.