Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

Excellent image Dryda!  A beautiful composition.  I'm pleased one of my tools helped you create it.

• 2 months later...
For something different...

vYrqesz.png

This is the PDN icon made to look similar to the Windows 10 logo.
It doesn't look too bad in the task bar either:
FiQNPgf.png

How to apply this icon (windows only):

Hidden Content:

1. Download the .ico image from here, place it in a convenient folder.
2. Right Click on the desktop-> New -> Shortcut and the input should be,
 C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe
3. Name it whatever and press finish.
4. Right click the newly created shortcut and press properties.
5. Press "Change Icon"
6. Navigate to the .ico file you downloaded and apply it.
7. Open Paint.NET from that shortcut.
8. Right Click it in the taskbar and pin it.
Hidden Content:

If you want to locate the newly pinned shortcut, you can access it by pressing the Windows Key + R and typing,
 %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
Then pressing enter.

Anyway it was a bit of fun to make. Let me know what you think.
Edited by Drydareelin

• 10 months later...

I like the icon a lot, actually enough to use it. My brain will take awhile to locate on my super crowded desktop now, because I'm used to the default PDN icon. :)

Drydareelin.

I hope that by your name mentioned it will notify you as a reply to your post?

Here is my submission to this topic:

It is a desktop wallpaper I made in PDN. This was made by a real image of a Soyuz Rocket. 1. I adjusted Contrast using Curves Tool, to create a black and white mask. Then I delete all white parts of the image. 2. Created a new layer under the image layer and created some designs 100% PDN that looked OK to me.  3. I think I used the Polar Warp Effect to create the pink magnetic field lines.

Soyuz%20StyleSmall_zpsi3h0ncwb.jpg

Full Size:http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/RydalS/Soyuz%20Style_zpsde4w4eqm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Signature%20Banner_zpsk5xnhdsj.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/4/2008 at 11:37 PM, david.atwell said:

Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

Show your Paint.NET Desktop Image skills here!

Things to keep in mind:

- Try not to post your image right after another user's. Allow some time for people to reply (or give an opinion yourself!)

- Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- Try for criticism that's more helpful than "looks good" - say why. Say what works, say what can be improved. It'll make everyone's skills better (including yours)!

- By the same token, keep the rules in mind. They will be enforced here just as much as anywhere else.

- Special note from the rules: This is a family-friendly forum. Beautiful women are welcome. Unclothed women are not. Keep your desktops clean.

- Also, please post your desktop image directly (that is, not a screen shot); we want to see your skillz, not your icon slobbery.

- Keep in mind that some users use slower connections.

Please post images wider than 800px as thumbnails or URLs.

Have fun with your large-scale beauties!

I am not sure  what this is about. I would never be mean to anyone here. And Art is a creative talent , and not all Art work  the same, but Art is Art. We artist are all unique. I look at our Heavenly Creator's Art Creations in Nature, life and all it fascinating, and we are all created in His image. I plan on following the rules. It's just learning them and understanding them. So please bear with me. I am totally clueless to your " Also, please post your desktop image directly (that is, not a screen shot); we want to see your skillz, not your icon slobbery." Comment. I have No Idea what you mean by this? Sorry. and how to I post a design on my page as a 800px or thumbnail?  I am not a computer Tech. again I apologize and  am trying to lear ,make friends and admire others Art work. Sincerely,

Cakie67

33 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Also, please post your desktop image directly (that is, not a screen shot); we want to see your skillz, not your icon slobbery."

I guess this means that you must post "the image you made in paint.net yourself," and not something you just copied from somewhere else.

36 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

and how to I post a design on my page as a 800px or thumbnail? 

For a big image, no larger than 600 x 800 you must first find a host site, like https://postimages.org/

which you can join up for free.  Then copy this code to post into the paint.net thread:

postimage-direct-code.png

For a Thumbnail:  join IMGUR and then copy the last 7 digits of your image, here is an example:

1.  Imgur :

Copy-code.png

2.   Click on the black box with the red circle in the paint.net thread:

add-code.png

3.  Then put the code into the box:

code-in-box.png

Then your Thumbnail will appear on the page.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oh my... there is SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn here ! I feel over whelmed! 😟 ...... ( LOL at myself.)

I did sign up with Imgur(?) but how do I find it again? search engine?  I was not prepared for this. You por good folk, having to put up with me  and teach me too. My sister did and loved me but there were times I drove her cooookie.

6 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Oh my... there is SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn here ! I feel over whelmed! 😟 ...... ( LOL at myself.)

I did sign up with Imgur(?) but how do I find it again? search engine?  I was not prepared for this. You por good folk, having to put up with me  and teach me too. My sister did and loved me but there were times I drove her cooookie.

6 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Ok wrote the instructions down...now 1 more dumb question...what exactly  do you mean by " paint.net thread"?

1 minute ago, Cakie67 said:

Ok wrote the instructions down...now 1 more dumb question...what exactly  do you mean by " paint.net thread"?

and  bear with me... what the heck is a screen shot? Sorry...........oh  my sister never taught me any of this stuff. I must have drove her silly...so she goes and leaves me pack her self and goes to Heaven to be with Jesus! I bet she is just telling Jesus how I drove her coocoo trying to teach me how to use a computer.... I am sure Jesus is comforting her and say " Yes Sally, I know all about it!....when I get this learned I woulod love to post the picture I designed of Her mansion in Heaven. Hang on good children I will learn this!

On 7/7/2016 at 11:27 PM, Rydal said:

I like the icon a lot, actually enough to use it. My brain will take awhile to locate on my super crowded desktop now, because I'm used to the default PDN icon. :)

Drydareelin.

I hope that by your name mentioned it will notify you as a reply to your post?

Here is my submission to this topic:

It is a desktop wallpaper I made in PDN. This was made by a real image of a Soyuz Rocket. 1. I adjusted Contrast using Curves Tool, to create a black and white mask. Then I delete all white parts of the image. 2. Created a new layer under the image layer and created some designs 100% PDN that looked OK to me.  3. I think I used the Polar Warp Effect to create the pink magnetic field lines.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/RydalS/Soyuz%20StyleSmall_zpsi3h0ncwb.jpg

Full Size:http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/RydalS/Soyuz%20Style_zpsde4w4eqm.jpg

Nice Job.

I would only  post  my designs never anyone elses...  besides would you not have to have their permission to post there stuff anyways? 

39 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

and  bear with me... what the heck is a screen shot?

It is a picture of what is on your screen.

46 minutes ago, Cakie67 said:

Think of it as the "Subject" like this thread we are on now is the:   'Image-umbrella-destop-art' thread.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

It is a picture of what is on your screen.

Think of it as the "Subject" like this thread we are on now is the:   'Image-umbrella-destop-art' thread.

It must be awesome to be smart.... LOL.... my brother once looked at a brain x-ray of me, and he lets out " omygosh!... I ran over quickly to see what he saw in the x-ray, and I said " what! what do you see?' he said " awh you really do have a brain!" we laughed as I hit his arm.

Just now, Cakie67 said:

It must be awesome to be smart.... LOL.... my brother once looked at a brain x-ray of me, and he lets out " omygosh!... I ran over quickly to see what he saw in the x-ray, and I said " what! what do you see?' he said " awh you really do have a brain!" we laughed as I hit his arm.

Just now, Cakie67 said:

You are so sweet  like my sister Sally, your a warm hearted person and patient to teach me. I am very humbled by your kindness, thank you.

Here is the Heavenly Castle I made for my sister Sally , the day after she passed away.  The title is " Coming Home. I do not have any thumbnails yet Hope I do not get into trouble.

Coming Home.jpg