Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

@Dr. D---I like how you used Mandelbrot Fractal to make the city lights. I also like the atmospheric effect you have there

@T_LH--Nice desktop background recreation :)

@CS--Cool "vexel" image XD

Haven't posted art in a while. Here's two wallpapers also in my gallery :D

th_RedBlueWalp.pngth_OrangeWPP.png

^^^Clicky^^^

Open to all comments :)

Really great job on that planet man! You textured it very well, and did a good job on the atmosphere.

The only thing that's kinda bugging me is the group of stars on the front of the planet... Is it due to the layer blend mode? Or did you purposely put them there?

I dunno, they just don't seem to fit very well.

Other than that you did an amazing job -- really well done!

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Well it's meant to be city lights, but I'm not sure I did a very good job of it...

Thanks for the feedback!

@worldnewser - I love the first one, it has great smooth colors that flow well, good job!

Woah -- 100% PDN? If so -- you got yourself some really sweet clouds man! If not, well... Cheata :P

I like it -

great job on the atmosphere - the stars looks great as well - and I like the certain kind of foggy look in the air --

the moon needs something though - kinda seems out of place... but other than great job overall.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but here it is:

PlanetarycollisionSMALL.jpg

Download:http://icefusiongallery.googlepages.com/Planetarycollision.jpg

I'm quite proud of it :D , please comment.

I posted this in realistic images too, one of the threads must be the wrong one... :oops:

EliteOverride25.png

:) Visit-> My Website <-Visit :)

Please Call Me Elite Override

The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.

Wow, very interesting Madjik - imho, i don't really like the green and purple together, but then again others may love it. Anyways, its still a great design!

*EDIT - on second thought, the more I look at it, the more i like the purple and green scheme. Keeps me staring at it :D .

Here's my newest desktop background: (Clickable Thumb)

th_Xspot.jpg

Also an offshoot:

th_BlueAbstract.jpg

@IceFusion:

That's awesome! Made from scratch?

I made this a while back using someone's tutorial...oh yeah, it was my tutorial. A clear plastic cue.

clearstick.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

Very interesting design! Keeps my eye one it :D .

Anyways, here's another little something I whipped up in PDN: (Clickable)

SoldiersSoldier.jpg

Here's two I made...

theworldih2.th.pngwallpapergv1.th.png

These are also in my gallery ↓↓

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

New Pic! I've redone my current-ever-in-development space pic. The foreground is absent, 'till I get inspired and render a new one in Terragen. The rings are gone as well, 'till I find a better way of rendering them in PdN. Minor improvements to the planet, improved stars, and a snazzy nebula are the current features!

th_roadp2-3.jpg

Here is a semi-conversion of my fireworks signature to desktop wallpaper. I haven't had the chance to add more color/variety/brush layers like was suggested on my firework sig, but here it is: (Clickable thumb)

th_FireworkBG.jpg

@C.S--I like what you've got going there :) Is that planet stock? It kinda looks like you merged the Earth and the Moon together :P I really like the nebula too!

In fact, you inspired me to make a space related thing too :D I'm not really too happy with the Earth (seeing as its hard to recreate a really good rendition of Earth without using some sorta stock, just my opinion), but I wasn't really focusing too much on the Earth's detail. I really like the moon texture I made though. It's all PdN. All comments welcome :D

th_EARTHRISE.png

@C.S--I like what you've got going there :) Is that planet stock? It kinda looks like you merged the Earth and the Moon together :P I really like the nebula too!

In fact, you inspired me to make a space related thing too :D I'm not really too happy with the Earth (seeing as its hard to recreate a really good rendition of Earth without using some sorta stock, just my opinion), but I wasn't really focusing too much on the Earth's detail. I really like the moon texture I made though. It's all PdN. All comments welcome :D

th_EARTHRISE.png

Glad to see I'm an inspiration. :P

Actually, the planet was created by heavily editing topographical maps of Mars. The color was entirely original.

I've updated the link in my gallery to include the latest version on DevART.

A preview for my (not) much awaited wallpaper pack! Enjoy! :wink:

Preview-ColourBlueGreen.png

Its kinda like vector and 3D put together in an abstract manner. Inspired by Patrik Hubner (MadPotato), who was inspired by iuneWind (on deviantart). 100% PDN, except for, lets see ... Water Drop brushes and Glitter brushes from deviantart.

With three variations so far, expect more when the final pack is released! Unless I run out of ideas. In which case, expect only the aforementioned three.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

@aziz: Nice!

@salu: neat, though imo the two targets could benefit from a little antialiasing.

@-Expiration-:sodifhgbdo :shock: dfghoisdhgall the textures and shinies! the wallpaper pack is now awaited by at least one person! :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Thanks ZizOiz!

I've been working on it over the weekend, but there's school tomorrow, so production will probably slow down a little.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo