Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

Woah -- that one's cool

The twisting gray color looks like wind -- or clouds -- very cool -- and I like the red in the middle

Looks to me like a heart is being split apart by negative forces - to put it abstractly :lol:

I like it

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Great images in this thread.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Holy pineapples~!

It's like a shape3d render, but it's not, because it's not a sphere. How did you do that? It looks really cool :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

Holy pineapples~!

It's like a shape3d render, but it's not, because it's not a sphere. How did you do that? It looks really cool :)

1. some lines/grid/rosace/whatever...

2. Power stretch in direction of middle-right

3. kaleidoscope

4. new layer, a linar reflected gradient horizontal and centered, black + transparent

5. kaleidoscope (same as previous, but change the angle to place the shadow)

6. tons of layers with blend mode for the colors...

...that's a good start...

@Madjik - ooh I get it - it's a lot of work - I'm gonna try it, actually - I get what you mean though - thanks for an explanation!

@Salu - that looks cool - very modern, - I like it - it's a cool abstract. What effect did you use?

@ ash

way ... off :D

@ nab

i used madjiks rosaces... if you look at some of his examples in his thread for the plugin, you'll see somthing similar to it, then play around with the settings, then resize then merge down with the white bg, then invert then play around in curves... :D

@ topic:

i made this and posted it on DA, and a lot of people like it, so i'll post it here too, n its 100% pdn :D

"the candle light smoke show"

thecandlelightshowwallpaper.png

@Salu:

Everything in there looks really :AntiAliasingOff: :? :?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

My newest desktop background "dragon eye". It lasted for about 10 minutes before I changed it. :roll:

th_dragoneye.png

made just for fun though, didn't care to match the lighting on the scales and stuff...

dragonseyesig.png

Well, not set up with so much to do my own gallery, considering I usually just mess around, but I did model this background off a WindowsBlinds skin called Impulse:

http://skins7.wincustomize.com/Z71/wb/5980.jpg

It turned out pretty well so I've though to share share. Simple and nice. I'm frankly not sure if it uploaded so just going to post and edit if it isn't...and it posted twice. fun...

sig.png

RE: your comments on DA.

You realize that it's not a vector image unless it's a...um, vector image?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

RE: your comments on DA.

You realize that it's not a vector image unless it's a...um, vector image?

Yes, but it's in the same style. I guess I can clarify that...

They call vector-like raster images, vexel images.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

My new work laptop has a resolution of 1680x1050. All of my stuff is full-screen, not widescreen. :|

So I attempted to recreate one of my more popular works for the desktop background. Not as great, but it was a fun trip down memory lane. :) And as I've been busy with senior project and haven't had much of a chance to do anything outside of it (including Paint.NET), I thought I'd post it here to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about them. ;)

th_wall_starscape_1680x1050.jpg

Woow!

That is really, really good! You did an amazing job on the stars in the background, you blended the colors in perfectly, and, I like the font :P

Awesome job man! (And good luck with your Senior Project) I'm so glad I'm just a freshmen!

That's really good Lion! I love the wings!

(Hopefully I've left enough time for people to post about other images :S)

Here's a planet I made, I'm not sure how well it looks though... hmm... comments?

planet2os5.png

Please scroll up and look at other's images too, I don't mean to take comments away from others pictures.