Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

• 2 weeks later...

I made this signature with the help of Darkshock's "Faith" tutorial. I think it's okay, being my first signature. I'd like to know what you think of it.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5013

I agree with Chrisco, thats a great first signature. The background works really well with the render and the text suits well. Next time, try blending your render in a little bit more with the background. Nevertheless, thats great.

madjik20110428.jpg

M20110404.jpg

20071025sig.jpg

madjik20110422.jpg

Some various sigs lately made...

Someones been busy :P

1 & 2 are great. I love the kind of illusion 1 gives, great perspective. 2 is almost perfect, if I can say that. Great use of shades and typography.

3 is good, though I'm not quite sure about the split between green and burgundy through the middle. Maybe I'm just being fussy, but otherwise the angular theme works well.

Love the border for 4, as do the camo-esk style. The text works well with the background; contemplating it.

Contains Pokemon; 'nuff said? No, really, I like it. Its got a great burning effect to it and the colours work well with it. The typography could be used to blend in a little more, but otherwise, nice stuff :)

Ok, I wouldn't mind feedback on this piece, please. First signature I've made in ages... my old first stuff was meh.

spiderman3.png

Render: http://planetrenders...n_by_floffy.png

Edited by Osl112
spiderman3.png

@Madjik: I like 1 & 2 a lot. They are both really awesome! I also like the top half of three, but I do not like the bottom half. 4 has a nice concept too. I like the splatter look it has too it. :)

@Osl112: Nice job. The render looks like he is actually sitting on the background. Really cool! I thought you maybe should have added a clipping mask to the brushes though. They stand out too much. And maybe add a light source? :)

How long have you made signatures?

Edited by chrisco97

@Madjik: I like 1 & 2 a lot. They are both really awesome! I also like the top half of three, but I do not like the bottom half. 4 has a nice concept too. I like the splatter look it has too it. :)

@Osl112: Nice job. The render looks like he is actually sitting on the background. Really cool! I thought you maybe should have added a clipping mask to the brushes though. They stand out too much. :)

How long have you made signatures?

Thanks for the advice.

As for the signature making... I suppose it's been a year or two. However, before starting on a blank canvas again recently, I was terrible. Read a few tuts and looked at how some others do it though in that time.

spiderman3.png

Not bad. I like how simple the planet is, and I like the smudging going into it. But maybe if you could make the background more like a nebula...it looks sorta plain to me right now. But I really like it overall. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty new here. This signature is my first creation (outside of some tutorials). Lemme know what ya think.

Hope I posted this correctly...

ForumSignature.png

ForumSignature.png

Okay... I'm gonna try for a triple constructive feedback post here :)

@Balnce

You have a nice theme going on with yours. The last E with the circle around it is a bit hard to see. Perhaps lightening that up a bit? I can let you know how if you don't already. Or at least how I would do it. However I really like it. :)

@PTG

I like it. To me it looks like it's snowing. I think it's a great signature to start with, so to answer your question... yes you should use it.

@Digitalwind

It's a nice creation. Especially for someone who's new at it. The "L"s are a tad difficult to make out, but otherwise i like it. Especially the little quote you got going on down at the bottom.

Also to PTG and Digitalwind. You should try centering your signatures so that it doesn't flow into whatever you've posted. If you don't know how you can use the tag

[

center]... just don't hit enter after the first bracket... i only did it so you could see and it wouldn't think I wanted to center something and disappear.

Good luck guys and keep up the good work :)

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Please, I'm not really new here and my sig is not really new too but... I'd like your opinion on it, just to know it I'm doing it right, and please add a short descrition of an amelioration you would do to it.

Regards,

Qwertyuu.

borderg.png

Here's a signature that I recently made, and quite like :D-

Signature2.png

I also made another signature, and it's the one I'm using currently :arrow-downright: What do you think about these? :)

Mysignature.png

Click signature to visit my blog!

:D

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present. - Anonymous"

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to make a new sig too.

Some constructive criticism is appreciated. :)

With name:

linksigname.png

Without name:

linksignoname.png

~Does this smell like chlorophorm?~

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my attempt at a sig, not sure which i might use but only uploading one so far, not finished my next one (I'm well fussy, need the best one at the time lol)

sonicsig1.jpg

@xxRUSTYNAILxx:

I think the background is pretty cool, I like the light source, although I think it gets too dark on the edges, it'd be great if it kind of flowed as if it was going out past the borders (Know what I mean?). The sonic seems a little pixelated. It's also very old-fashioned looking. It doesn't look like the sonic you see now that looks more three-dimensional. If it's something you drew or something, that's great! Use it! If you smooth out the lines a little and make a few adjustments I think it'd look great! I also like the text placement, it's nice and simple and doesn't distract from the overall image. Keep up the good work!

I know you're supposed to allow a couple comments before you post another one, but I think people can judge more than one at a time, and there hasn't been a whole ton of signatures recently posted, so if you don't mind, what do y'all think of my signature and avatar? I used pyrochild's Splatter plugin, KrisVDM's Drop Shadow plugin, and the Gradient Blur plugin (Not sure of the author). This is my third attempt at a sig, but my first was just plain text and my second was an animated .GIF.

Signature:

bluesig.png

blueavatar.png

Edited by Schnicka

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

@Schnicka

Ok, the signiture I think, is a really nice use of the gradient blur. Epecially since the part that is unblured is the centre of attention. One of the problems i have though is that the text looks like its been blured aswell. Tell me if it hadn't. And if it has, i would've put the text on a new layer, and blured only the background. That way the text would stand out a bit more, because the rest is just a bit plain. And maybe a font that suits the splatter a bit more. Really good for a 3rd attempt though.

The avatar, i think, suffers the same problem. Maybe you should have done a whole new gradient blur on the avatar. And the font shouldn't have been blurred. But, thats just my opinion, and really, im not the best person to get opinion from. :)

Balance%20weave.jpg

@Balnce

Well I used Drop Shadow to outline my text, so I guess I just used a tiny bit too much blur. It probably won't be too hard to fix (I hope), and I'll work on that right away, thanks :D. By the way, I really like your signature :)

Edit: Is there a way to unblur the background for the Avatar, or will I just have to make a whole new splatter thing for it? I'd rather keep it the same splatters as it is just with different blur, but I guess I could just redo it

Edit: I made the text outline less blurry so it stands out more, how's this?

Signature:

bluesigz.png

Edited by Schnicka

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Nevermind, I made a new sig and avatar anyway :D. What do y'all think about these? It was originally a wallpaper I made but I scaled it down to make a sig out of it

Signature:

wallpapersig.png

wallpaperavatar.png

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Did you make the whole thing or did you use a stock image?

Oh, and i wanna add a sig.

Electricitybalance.jpg

just a quick little project. :)

Edited by Balnce
Balance%20weave.jpg

I made the whole thing using, oh let's see, Tree Generator, Splatter, Gradient Bars, Twist, and maybe some other stuff. If enough people ask I may even make a tut for it.

@Balance:

Some of the letters are kinda hard to read, I think I like your current sig better, it looks more professional.

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Airbus i like it a lot!I love the combination of the green text and the blue paint drop things.Also the plane just makes it better!

7709837.png?292

New ones:

sigII.png

sigII_vII.png

sigII_vIII.png

sigII_vIV.png

male stock by vishstudio.deviantart.com

red water lily from sxc.hu

water droplets sxc.hu

c4d from deviantart.com

the fourth is my favourite. :)

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|