Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

@Eraser: I think the changes make it look much better.

I need help with two things:

1.) I feel like my sig is missing something...possibly depth...I need ideas on what to put in it to make it feel less empty.

2.)I am going to make a match avatar to my sig, but I need to decide if I should make the background (The hourglass looking thing) horizontal or vertical. I think if it was horizontal it would be really distorted... :?

1014png.png

..:The Official Sass Giver:..

..:Xbox Live Gamertag: Dutch Man Dann:..

@SpiritScout: I didn't post a changed image...unless you are just talking about what you think it looks like now.

1) Perhaps make the rays around the white in the center more prominent.

2) I agree, if it was horizontal it would look distorted. Vertical all the way.

@SpiritScout: I didn't post a changed image...unless you are just talking about what you think it looks like now.

I beg to differ.

And thanks, I did wind up changing the font, though, and I added a drop shadow.

1014png.png

Oh. That image. I just assumed that you were talking about your sig. I didn't feel like reading all the pages...sorry...but the new one does look better.

1014png.png

Oh. Ok. Glad that's cleared up. But thanks anyway, I like it better too. But I wasn't aiming for a masterpiece because it is just for a school project, and people outside of Paint.NET think that a gradient looks super-hard to do, so a simple thing for me looks complex and amazing to them. Good enough for me. Thanks again

I didn't try this but maybe you could adapt the splash of this tut somehow. for some reason the drips running down the can aren't right,? would they not be going in direction of the ground? maybe when you have a base/floor in things will look better.

viewtopic.php?t=3596

edit just had another thought maybe angle the splash portion back a bit with the rotatezoom ball/button.

@ salu: It looks 2-D. The splash is also one big splash, and it would splatter all around...like this

~S x2~

1014png.png

I'm trying to make this my sig., what font would be good to put my username on it?

12.png

2d0mb0w.png

Just made this recently 8) :

lfcsig-1.png

I might use it as a sig, but i feel as if there's something missing..i dont know what though..

Comments welcome! :)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Guys, really, try to wait for people to comment on other people's images before you post yours.

@Mr. Whiskers-The one with the duck in it could look cool if you put some sort of radiant halo, all around the duck, but just an idea.

Livewrong811Signature3.png

That's what I have so far on my new signature, anybody have suggestions? I think that it's kinda hard to see the text, and I might add a pretty transparent border around the text, just a little more standing out than the rest of the text. Anyone like it? And, anyone have suggestions for it?

Mr Whiskers those are great photos to work with. I think all the artistic effects do wonderful things. The pastel is my favorite and would work well with the second picture layered and blended over the original or an ink sketch. For the duck I would use oil painting.

Example:

duckcottage.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I would very much like to see how you do. The pastel is one of BoltBait's plugins if you don't have it you should get it.

Vain Vintge Boy there are so many fonts. It really is a personal taste choice. You should just try some and see what you like.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

I like that too Mr Whiskers I think it was the blend mode you used caused you to lose some of the duck. You can try playing with the hue on one of the layers. Hue is under adjustments.

Madjik way to go. I would never have thought of that but then you are always ten steps ahead of the pack.

Hmm... This is what I got, Mr. Whiskers:

DuckwithHaloforMr.png

What I did:

1) Selected duck, cut it out, put it on another layer.

2) Outline Object-Width: 14/Color: Yellow.

3) Selected outline, cut, put on new layer.

4) Motion blur-Degrees: -53.

5) Repeated a few times.

6) Selected some of the more pronounced areas (darker) and used "Transparency" to make them more transparent.

7) Moved line layer below duck layer, so none of the halo was over the bird.

8 ) Flatten, save, post!

This was just a quick thing, but it's more of what I mean, and you can experiment with my tutorial, and maybe get a better result.

Edit: my "8" and ")" was read as a smiley, 8) ... :oops: