How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

There's a bug on Fern Fractal, I press Ok I see it rendering and then it disappears :? :shock:
Same here, it made a cool looking fern before it disappeared. Thanks curtis.

Gah, how did I let that through. :x OK, I'll go and have a look.

Channel Mask (Object -> Channel Mask) Version 1.0

channel_mask_small.png

You is a plugin god!

Notice the little 'g'... :D

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

that is about what I said when he turned one of my fantasy plugins into a reality. But, from what I have seen I can tell you that you haven't seen anything yet :D

signature.png

...But, from what I have seen I can tell you that you haven't seen anything yet :D

Not sure what you mean by that, but...

I used the Channel Mask and now I can officially say that Rick doesn't need to add layer masks to PdN; Curtis has made masking as seamless as I need it to be...! :shock:

Request:

Only thing I can ask for is the option to set a default browse location for Channel Masks...

I mean that Curtis is developing some more amazing plugins. Also, while my tutorial is not done yet, I want ALL users to try Channel Mask with a .PDN file.

signature.png

...Also, while my tutorial is not done yet, I want ALL users to try Channel Mask with a .PDN file.

I can't possibly agree more...

Request:

Only thing I can ask for is the option to set a default browse location for Channel Masks...

It currently defaults to the last place you saved an image, that seems to be the best way to have it please everyone without having to implement that kind of feature. Right now I'm focusing on getting Fern Fractal fixed, which is proving to be much harder than it should be.

It currently defaults to the last place you saved an image, that seems to be the best way to have it please everyone without having to implement that kind of feature. Right now I'm focusing on getting Fern Fractal fixed, which is proving to be much harder than it should be.

That, actually, does seem to be the most intuitive option...unless you are used to storing your masks in a separate folder than your *.pdn files.

That is a habit I will have to break...quickly. :D

My recommendation is to actually MAKE your masks on your current .PDN file you are working on. You will get more accurate results, Channel Mask will go directly to the last folder Paint.NET used, and when sharing .PDN files with other members all resources used will be included. a lot of these 'New Habits to Learn' will be included within my tutorial.

signature.png

Channel Mask will go directly to the last folder Paint.NET used
And in the next version, the filename text box will be a drop down box with all the recent files as drop down items, making it even easier to open your last image.

I've posted a new update on the first page.

And in the next version, the filename text box will be a drop down box with all the recent files as drop down items, making it even easier to open your last image.
This has been added to the latest version.
There's a bug on Fern Fractal, I press Ok I see it rendering and then it disappears :? :shock:
This has now been fixed.

Works perfect and I love it. Thanks! Smiles!

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

May I ask one question: How did you manage to access multiple layers from an effect plugin?
I don't have access to the other layers of the current document, only of the document that you load into it.
Works perfect and I love it. Thanks! Smiles!
Your welcome. :)

May I ask one question: How did you manage to access multiple layers from an effect plugin?

Heh, mabye if Curtis gave us some extra info on how he got the layer data, someone would be able to create a plugin where your able to get effects to effect a selected amount of layers.

mabye if Curtis gave us some extra info on how he got the layer data

Chances are he got the info from the PDN source.

KaHuc.png

It isn't possible to get other layers from the current document, regardless of what you do. However, when you read in a document from another file, you have full access to everything it has.

While using fern plugin PDN stated it had become unstable and closed. I rendered one fern on one layer and when I added another layer and tried to render another fern I received the error message. I'm not sure if it is my system or the plugin.

What version of Paint.NET are you running?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

While using fern plugin PDN stated it had become unstable and closed. I rendered one fern on one layer and when I added another layer and tried to render another fern I received the error message. I'm not sure if it is my system or the plugin.
If you could post the text that is in the error box that would be a big help.