How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

Broken link noted. It's a forum issue with the attachments. We're working on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Pack doesn't work for me. When I want to use an effect, it says plugin error.

Error details:

Hidden Content:
File: D:\Programme\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement

Version: 1.1

Author: Curtis Black

Copyright: Copyright © 2008 Curtis Black

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.DocumentView' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.58.4081.24584, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog..ctor()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799

You're using an old version of the plugin. Download the latest one from the first post in this thread. Make sure you get the one that says it's for Paint.NET 3.5.4, not 3.36.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to plot something simple using Equations: I write x*(x-2)

However, even scaling the x-axis to 500 and y to 20, I can't see both roots. If I try manually scaling (writing A*x*(x-2), in which A is some scaling constant) it still doesn't do the job.

How do I use the width/height command?

logoforum3eg4.jpg

I'm BRAZILIAN!

I love Anime Art!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So sad, these plugins are not working:

Channel Mask

Displacement Map

Blur Map

PDN v 3.5.9, W7, SP1

Hidden Content: Channel mask
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMask

Version: 1.2

Website: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521

Full error message: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO' threw an exception. ---> System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.get_ApplicationDir()

at CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO.GetFileTypes()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO.get_RecentFiles()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMaskConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.Constructor() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 113

at CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMaskConfigDialog..ctor()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMask.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799

Hidden Content: Displacenemt Map

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement

Version: 1.1

Full error message: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO' threw an exception. ---> System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.get_ApplicationDir()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.Constructor() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 113

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog..ctor()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.Displacement.CreateConfigDialog()

Hidden Content: Blur Map

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.BlurMap.BlurMap

Version: 1.0

at CurtisBlack.Effects.BlurMap.BlurMapConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.BlurMap.BlurMapConfigDialog..ctor()

at CurtisBlack.Effects.BlurMap.BlurMap.CreateConfigDialog()

Thanks for the great work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got it working fine with 4.0 build 5086.

• 2 months later...

Yup.  This is a known issue.  It appears that some individual plugins and the common file CurtisBlack.Common.dll is incompatible with the latest release.

Rick is improving things with every release.  He mentioned that a number of previously incompatible plugins should now work with 4.0 .5168.  Unfortunately Curtis' plugins are not among them.

I'm keeping a list of such plugins here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27661-incompatible-plugins-an-incomplete-list/

do you guys think most of the broken plugins could work again if either they are updated or paint.net has more backwards compatibility built into it in the future?

That is how it works. :)

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

cool.

i've recently wanted to get back into making video game textures, and i tried several free image editors. some had potential but were no longer in development, others like gimp, are powerful but i personally don't like the interface. so i thought i'd try the new paint.net and i really like it's interface, it's uncluttered and polished looking, and as soon as i've found all the plugins i think i'd need, i'm looking forward to working with it, hopefully for several years to come.

• 5 months later...

My version is 4.0.3 and I downloaded the plugin pack from Curtis to get the jumble but my PDN states a plug in error which is listed below:

CurtisBlack.Common.dll, version 1.0.3142.30104

Type: PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileDialogUICallbacks
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileDialogUICallbacks' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.511.4977.23442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Type: PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileTransferProgressEvents
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileTransferProgressEvents' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.511.4977.23442, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I cannot get any of the plugins in this pack.  Help please.  Also to note, I checked the properties of the three dlls and there is no lock or unlock button.

Thanks

Cam

PS. . .should we roll back to an earlier version for the plugin to work?

Edited by camtom201

This set of plugins are (mostly) incompatible with paint.net 4.x.  The author is still logging in to the forum, so we hope an update is going to happen.  Until then I suggest you remove the pack from your Effects folder and try to find a manual workaround.

This set of plugins are (mostly) incompatible with paint.net 4.x.  The author is still logging in to the forum, so we hope an update is going to happen.  Until then I suggest you remove the pack from your Effects folder and try to find a manual workaround.

Thank you so much for the response.  I will remove accordingly and try find a different approach.

• 1 year later...

This plug in pack isn't compatible with 4.0.6.

Most of the effects in this pack work fine in v4.0.6.

Pretty sure it's just the two marked in the first post that don't work.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab