How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

Ok, I've made some updates to make my plugins compatible for v3.5, some bug fixes and Selective Palette has been updated with dithering modes. I haven't had a chance to look at the bug in Equations yet, if it's still there please let me know, any crash logs or error messages would be helpful.

Curtis, I took a screenshot showing what I'm seeing with your Equation plugin.

yhsjjie.png

Hopefully this helps you.

Edit: Added a snippet from the Plugin Load Error message:

1 of 1
--------------
File: E:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Common.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.IProgressEvents`1
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.IProgressEvents`1' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.50.3596.41592, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

um how do you install the plugins?

like how do you extract it? i don't understand how you can use the plugins in paint.net

Add me on Gaiaonline.com!

username: xXH i k a r i N a m iXx

please help me! im so new to paint.net

um how do you install the plugins?

like how do you extract it? i don't understand how you can use the plugins in paint.net

Extract them to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects. Simple as that.

Well, sorry for the bump.

The Equations plugin broke. Right when I needed it. :cry:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll
     Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Equations.Equations
     Version: 2.2
     Author: Curtis Black
     Copyright: Copyright ©  2008 Curtis Black
     Website: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.Equations.Equations.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 126
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 323
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 300
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 260
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass19.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 736

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100) x64

Used: The Equations

Value: 2*x*sin(0.3*x) -> Crash!

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.Equations.Equations
     Version: 2.2
     Copyright: Copyright ©  2008 Curtis Black
     Website: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.Equations.Equations.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 211
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 127
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 372
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 328
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 275
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<>c__DisplayClass21.b__10() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 827

Another bug:

Value: 1.5*x*sin(x) -> Random Lines in my Graphic >:D

rhfjdjejdca.png

• 2 weeks later...

I can not get channel mask to work here is the Plugin Error and I hope there are some who can help me

Name: CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMask

Version: 1.2

Copyright: Copyright © 2008 Curtis Black

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Typen 'PaintDotNet.DocumentView' kunne ikke indlæses fra assemblyen 'PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.53.3690.27079, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ved CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMaskConfigDialog..ctor()

ved CurtisBlack.Effects.ChannelMask.ChannelMask.CreateConfigDialog()

ved PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) i D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:linje 799

Hope you fix a lot of these bugs soon...I use several of the plugins on a regular basis O.O

I'm having problems with the displacement map. Whenever I click "open" PDN crashes. I looked at the crash log and I have no idea what anything meant...this looks suspicious, though :?

Exception details:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void PaintDotNet.FileTypeCollection..ctor(System.Collections.ICollection)'.
  at CurtisBlack.Common.PDNIO.RequestFileName(Control owner)
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog.PromptAndLoadDocument()
  at CurtisBlack.Effects.Displacement.DisplacementConfigDialog.buttonOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

As a workaround, instead of clicking Open, type the full path to the image you want to use in the textbox next to the Open button, then press [Enter].

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ahh...it works now! thanks XD (the button would still be useful, though :roll: )

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Just like to add that I have the same problem. I`ll just have to use the workaround suggested.

I found the best way to do this is to open up the mask file you want to use directly into PDN so it will appear in the `recently opened' file . Then delete it and when you open up Dispacement Map and click on the arrow at the end of the text box it will be listed in the drop down menu that appears. This saves having to write out the path to the image you want to use and makes things easier if you need to use the same image more than once.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to use Displacement Map last night and it crashes when I click on 'Open,' and reading back a couple of post, it looks like I'll need to manually enter the file that I want to load rather than clicking away?

I really hope that Curtis will be able to update his plugin because displacement map is extremely useful for all of my glass work.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Curtis is aware of the problem.

lovely sweat

Perspiration is not lovely.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I am getting a plugin load error for the CurtisBlackCommon.dll, when I run the displacement map PDN crashes

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Common.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileDialogUICallbacks

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.IFileDialogUICallbacks' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.54.3708.31974, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Win Vista Home Premium

PDN v3.5.4

Steve Colwell