How to Install Plugins ×

Curtis' Plugin Pack (Update for 3.5.4)

Curtis

just as long as he does not call it Math Lab (math can be missread as...) :D

Because there is already a Mathlab :D , actually it's called Matlab, and it's for that exactly, to 'experiment' with mathematics

It's a reaaally powrful tool to work with matrixes, it's amazing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB

Because there is already a Mathlab :D , actually it's called Matlab, and it's for that exactly, to 'experiment' with mathematics

Totally not what he meant.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You know, writing a recursive-descent parser and building up a System.Linq.Expressions.Expression tree wouldn't be that difficult. I highly recommend it -- using string.Replace() is not a very good way to go about this. You'll learn a lot, too. Parsers are good stuff to learn.

I couldn't agree more.

I wrote a recursive-descent parser in compiler design class when I was in college. Of course, you'll need to start by writing a tokenizer... and come up with a language definition... but, after that, it's easy!

OK, so I have been searching around the web for quite a while now but can't seem to find a good explanation on how to start making one of these, probably because I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, do you know of any good webpages that explain this well? or at least give me a good starting point.

Hey man, for the equations plugin, can you like make it not case-sensitive and whatnot? Having to differentiate between Sin() and sin() really irks me ...

:D

xZYt6wl.png

Would you rather he just make you type Math.Sin and Math.PI?

Hey! I'm only obliged to one compliment before making feature requests. And I already complimented Curtis on these plugins. So you shush. :P

xZYt6wl.png

Hey man, for the equations plugin, can you like make it not case-sensitive and whatnot? Having to differentiate between Sin() and sin() really irks me ...

:D

Yep, working on that, it will be in the next update. I have a simple fix now, but I would really like to try out what Rick and BoltBait suggested, but can't seem to work out where to start with it.

Totally not what he meant.

I know :D

But yeps Equations is really cool waiting for updates

Some feature requests here for Equations....

1. We need x=y

2. Any way to have simulatenous equations? Like 2x+1=y and x=y-2?

3. Maybe have the list of working equations in the Help menu?

That's a pretty good idea coz otherwise you'll be having to refer to this thread all time.

Some feature requests here for Equations....

1. We need x=y

2. Any way to have simulatenous equations? Like 2x+1=y and x=y-2?

Simultaneous equations would be to hard to do, and for equations like those, they would only produce a point on the graph, not anything that people would be able to use in images, like cool looking waves or anything. Having a list of equations somewhere in the help menu would be a good idea, I will get on to that.

Equation isn't working for me. I've tested it on two different PC.

I wonder if the french system XP is not supported by the "language interpreter" or something like this...

@Curtis: Could you have a look at it or provide some source if you want me to?...

I have been trying to work out why its doing that, I have tested it on my Vista comp and an XP comp and don't get that error. I don't think its because you have a French XP, because if you can use CodeLab, you should be able to use this. That error is from the plugin not being able to use the code that is compiled with the equation in it. The only thing I can think of, and this is the only way I can reproduce that error, is if I rename the dll file. I don't know if you renamed the dll, but if you did, renaming it back should solve the problem.

Ok, so I have been making a lot of changes to the Equations plugin, but am still unable to reproduce that error myself, so if you are getting that error and you wouldn't mind giving me a bit more info on it, I have attached an updated version, which has a resizable dialog so you can see the full message. If you still get that error, would you mind posting the full error message in the error box, it would be really helpful.

Note, this file is only for people who are getting the above error, for everyone else, a proper update is not far away. Also, all these plugins are now in one dll file, so you will have to delete the four original files from your effects folder before copying this new one in.

Attachment removed, check main post for most recent version.