MattBlackLamb

The Paint.NET users Film/Movies Club.

377 posts in this topic

So, I wanted to see for myself which was better Tombstone or Wyatt Earp. There has been some talk here and at work about which movie was better.

I have always been a fan of Tombstone, so my view might be skewed. But, seriously, there can be no comparison--Tombstone was waaaaay better. Wyatt Earp just kind of dragged on while I found Tombstone to move quickly and be full of humor. Dennis Quaid's Doc Holiday was very weak in comparison to Val Kilmer's version.

The only part of Wyatt Earp that I liked was the casting of Isabella Rossellini as Big Nose Kate. (Although, I must admit, I've always had a crush on Isabella Rossellini. ;) )

I absolutely HATED Costner in this. He played it wooden (like he usually does) where Kurt Russell played the part with emotion. In my opinion, if you want to see Costner in a western, watch Silverado.

Wyatt Earp: 6.0/10

Tombstone: 8.5/10

Silverado: 8/10

Ben-Hur is by far my favorite. I really liked Toy Story and Ratatouille, also. There's lots more, but I can't remember them.

I liked Wyatt Earp but I also found many part in it to be long as it was dragged out. I can't remember if I sawTombstone or not. The images ring a bell but I just can't remember.

Talking of old west movies, I only just missed Wild Bill on AMC but I got to see Brubaker(not a westen) again.

I went to see 'The Dark Knight' over the weekend; I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but all I will say is if Heath ledger doesn't win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor I'll give up watching movies; his performance was truly spectacular - I would advise anyone to go and see this movie (even if you are not fans of Batman or Superhero flicks in general) for this reason alone.

It ranks up with the greatest cinematic performances, and puts Nicholson's interpretation to shame.

I am only sorry that the we will never see Ledger reprise the role. This was a coming of age performance and would have put Ledger at the top of the A-list; we have lost a truly gifted actor.

My only criticism (and this is a small one) is that the film was a little too long - running at 2h 30m, I think it could have been tightened to just over the 2h mark; to keep the pace up. But it didn't stoop to stupid gimicks and slapstick humour for the sake of it and stayed true to the 'dark' interpretation that was always Nolan's vision.

The visual effects for Harvey Dent's transformation into Two Face is truly stunning, and with no deliberate cliffhanger/pointer to the next installment (ie, the Joker reference at the end of 'Begins) and enough ambiguity as to the fate of certain characters, the scene is set to take the franchise in any direction and introduce any of the extensive back-catalogue of enemies to complete the trilogy.

Am must see.

I just watched The Forbidden Kingdom recently, and i have to say that it is an awesome movie! Jackie Chan and Jet Li make a great team, and both of them do some fantastic fighting scenes. :D

I went to see 'The Dark Knight' over the weekend; I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but all I will say is if Heath ledger doesn't win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor I'll give up watching movies; his performance was truly spectacular - I would advise anyone to go and see this movie (even if you are not fans of Batman or Superhero flicks in general) for this reason alone.

It ranks up with the greatest cinematic performances, and puts Nicholson's interpretation to shame.

I am only sorry that the we will never see Ledger reprise the role. This was a coming of age performance and would have put Ledger at the top of the A-list; we have lost a truly gifted actor.

My only criticism (and this is a small one) is that the film was a little too long - running at 2h 30m, I think it could have been tightened to just over the 2h mark; to keep the pace up. But it didn't stoop to stupid gimicks and slapstick humour for the sake of it and stayed true to the 'dark' interpretation that was always Nolan's vision.

The visual effects for Harvey Dent's transformation into Two Face is truly stunning, and with no deliberate cliffhanger/pointer to the next installment (ie, the Joker reference at the end of 'Begins) and enough ambiguity as to the fate of certain characters, the scene is set to take the franchise in any direction and introduce any of the extensive back-catalogue of enemies to complete the trilogy.

Am must see.

Spoiler!!!

Dang I was just about to post that...

For the past 10 mins you've been beating me everywhere on the forums tHs :P

_____

Dark Knight was really awesome in my opinion as well. I love movies with people in them that portray twisted people like Joker. Definitely on my top list of movies.

... My only criticism (and this is a small one) is that the film was a little too long - running at 2h 30m, I think it could have been tightened to just over the 2h mark; to keep the pace up...

That is exactly what i thought. I mean, when the Joker gets caught and put in jail, i thought that was the end of the film and started eating my popcorn quicker, but then it still wasn't finished! Couldn't believe it, although it was a great ending! :D

Would've been 10/10, but 9.5/10 due to the lengthy running time.

I personally don't mind movie length (LOTR, etc.) as long as it doesn't start to drag, or get boring.

I just came across this topic these are some of my all time favorites and some I have just seen not too long ago.

Rounders

Fight Club

The Italian Job(Wow 3 Edward Norton movies)

The Bank Job

American Gangster

Into the Wild(Not better than the book)

the best movies i've ever seen where:

"the green mile"

"the shawshank redemption"

"wanted"

"matchtick men"

"ocean eleven"

"forest gump"

oh and the constant gardener

Last night I watched Indiana Jones The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I really liked it.

I really liked the scene with the ants.

And, I really liked the epilogue.

Although, I'm still a little unclear how the skull got from the box (in the beginning of the film) to the graveyard (in the middle of the film).

Last night I watched Indiana Jones The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I really liked it.

I really liked the scene with the ants.

And, I really liked the epilogue.

Although, I'm still a little unclear how the skull got from the box (in the beginning of the film) to the graveyard (in the middle of the film).

I've seen that movie. I didn't like it, it was a bit too far-fetched, especially the ending. Those of you who've watched it know well what I'm talking about.

Oh, and I was wondering about that same thing about the skull, too.

Is it just a scary coincidence that when I click the quote button on BoltBait's post, the IJ:TKOTCS (that's a long abbreviation :shock: ) DVD commercial starts running on TV...?

i very much like the shawshank redemption.

I wasn't disappointed there, despite all the hype. Wonderful film, really the kind of genre I like, simple yet moving drama. Though I do enjoy mindless action as well, haha!

well,

i went to watch Hancock

and its awesome

but id have to say, the classics are the Harry Potter Films and Indiana Jones, well for me anyways =D

One of the best animated movies- The Futurama Movie

Just hilarious and typical Futurama :)

Last night I watched The Forbidden Kingdom with Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

While I really liked the movie overall, I have seen many old-school kung fu films that had better fight scenes.

It was a trip down memory lane watching Snake style, crane style, tiger style, drunken, etc.

...and that Yifei Liu is smokin' HOT!

7/10. (Jet Li's Fearless was a better movie.)

our schools going to go watch Madagascar 2, the reviews say its okay, but i dont know

anyone have opinions on this particular movie?

I just watched the movie Wall-E. I thought it was really well done. (8.5/10)

The animation was top notch. The story was cute. Plus a great vision of our future! What's not to like?

I saw Wall-E in theaters, man would it look good on Blu-ray!

I just got back from Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. I know, I know. I'm a little old for it, but my family insisted on going. So we went and I sat through it laughing for a lot of it. It made be created for a younger audience, but who doesn't like the Lemurs? Their hysterical. The penguins are hilarious too.

I think the story just seemed a little too short. The visuals were great for it's style. Soundtrack is great like the other movie.

I give it a 8.6/10. It could have been longer and could go more in depth on some parts, but altogether it was a great family movie.

I don't know what you guys think but think Indiana Jones is great I thought the newest film was great. Unfortuneately I missed Wall-E so does anyone reccomend it?

saw Quantum Of Solace

its funny for some reason (O_o)"

i forgot why, i think its because of the action, and what happens to the bad guys, just funny,

:D but thats just IMO