Remove the white space of a picture (crop)

DonaldD

Hey,

I got a lot of picture like the one below. What I want is to remove all the white space of this picture so that only the bike is on the picture, then resize and eventually change the canvas size.

Original:

bike1ns8.jpg

Now I am doing this as follows:

• [*:2kv4kxuo]From the original I only select the bike.
    [*:2kv4kxuo]Press the crop button
    [*:2kv4kxuo]Change the image size so that the width is max 500pix or height is max 400pix.
    [*:2kv4kxuo]Change the canvas size so that the width is 500pix and height is 400pix.

Result:

bike2rc6.jpg

Is there an easier way to do this because I got a lot of these images. Removing all extra white space on the edges of the picture takes the most time. So I wondered if there is an easy way or tool that can do that for me?

Well, there's a tutorial allowing you to get rid of backgrounds, search for "Cutting Out Images The Easy Way Version 2"

Either that or you could just magic wand it, but that looks bad.

@Andrew D

"Cutting Out Images The Easy Way Version 2" is a bit to complicated and I do not need to remove te background. I just want the bike and not al the white space around it.

@BoltBait

That's what I need, I tried it before but it didn't work. I don't know why but when I think about it I might have selected the wrong layer

@Clevo

Batching it would be very nice. But as far as I know batching is not possible in paint.NET

@Andrew D

"Cutting Out Images The Easy Way Version 2" is a bit to complicated and I do not need to remove te background. I just want the bike and not al the white space around it.

The white space is the background. :)

@Andrew D

The white space is the background. :)

another, not so messy way to completely get rid of the white or the background, is to go on the color wheel, select black, click on the more button and at the bottom right adjust the alpha all the way to the left, so the color is semi transparent. Then, go on the two rectangles next to the antialias tool, or squiggly line, and select overwrite. Then take the paintbucket and dump it on your picture. This should work, just adjust threshold if it takes too much of your picture. I too found the Cutting Out Images2 complicated! :D