How to Install Plugins ×

AVI Frame Importer: AVIImport Version 4.0

Simon Brown

Works great. :D:D:D

Do you think I should write a program to change the settings?

P.S. How stupid of me to expect the avrage end user to edit the registry by hand.

I think you should have a option to change the default settings. And the regedit methord didn't work for me at all, and I have admin privledges.

EDIT: And can we please have the aviimportsettings.txt in the Paint.NET User Files folder? And if the folder isn't there, your plug-in can just create it.

I try and make my programs as easy to use as possible so I put it in a place where the user will easily be able to find it.

KaHuc.png

I try and make my programs as easy to use as possible so I put it in a place where the user will easily be able to find it.

Depending on haw many files people have in there Documents folder. ;-)

I did find it easily. The paint.NET user file folder seams like the natural place. But whatever. :|

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

The paint.NET user file folder seams like the natural place.

Yes, it is. BTW, I downloaded 2.3 and my file types had bugs again. And I had no AVI save option, which might be the reason.

The paint.NET user file folder seams like the natural place.

Yes, it is. BTW, I downloaded 2.3 and my file types had bugs again. And I had no AVI save option, which might be the reason.

version 4 still saves the last frame, so how is this a fix?

Great plug-in!

I have a bunch of video that aren't AVI format, but I can convert them easily. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I'm having a problem. I download the installer than than I open it. I click "Install Plugin" and this comes up:

8b9i26a.png

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I'm having a problem. I download the installer than than I open it. I click "Install Plugin" and this comes up:

8b9i26a.png

You need to run the installer when Paint.NET isn't running.

KaHuc.png

That's what I'm doing, but that is still showing up. When I try to open up an AVI video it says problem opening video then it shows a 500 by 500 images that is transparent.

That's what I'm doing, but that is still showing up. When I try to open up an AVI video it says problem opening video then it shows a 500 by 500 images that is transparent.

The video probably isn't a proper AVI file - try another.

KaHuc.png

They are AVI videos. I don't know why it's acting up.

They are AVI videos. I don't know why it's acting up.

Not all videos with the extension .avi are avis - and some are the wrong kind of avi.

KaHuc.png

One of them worked when I did it the first time. I used the same video again and it didn't work.

Edit: what kind of AVIs are there?

One of them worked when I did it the first time. I used the same video again and it didn't work.

Some are the kind that work with the windows avi library (and so my plugin).

Some are old format.

And some on digital cameras have the extension ".avi" but are really MPEGs.

KaHuc.png

AVI is the container that your video is in

WMV is another kind

DIVX, XVID, MPEG, H264 are the codecs to create it.

I was able to convert a WMV file to an DIVX encoded AVI, which worked.

I used Virtualdub 1.16.9.2mpeg2 to do this, but SUPER should work as well.

Glitch Report:

When you cancel the import (closing plug-in window) your plug-in will still load the first frame of the .avi file even if another frame is selected when cancelling. To try and get around this error you should consider incorporating a "Cancel" button in the plug-in interface that will actually stop the importer from loading the first frame.

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

Glitch Report:

When you cancel the import (closing plug-in window) your plug-in will still load the first frame of the .avi file even if another frame is selected when cancelling. To try and get around this error you should consider incorporating a "Cancel" button in the plug-in interface that will actually stop the importer from loading the first frame.

Geoff

Not Possible. The API forces me to return a document and I have no access to the old one. Maybe I should get it to load the right frame when the window closes?

KaHuc.png

Glitch Report:

Geoff

Not Possible. The API forces me to return a document and I have no access to the old one. Maybe I should get it to load the right frame when the window closes?

This would be the closest thing to a fix currently, unless you have any more ideas on how to get around it.

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

Okay back with it, your plugin is way to intrusive and even after removing it from effects and restarting Paint.Net the problems in the save files configuration would happen, so please fix this I want to be able to save my projects and this is just stalling me

Okay back with it, your plugin is way to intrusive and even after removing it from effects and restarting Paint.Net the problems in the save files configuration would happen, so please fix this I want to be able to save my projects and this is just stalling me

Effects? You mean file types? And there are two files: AviFile.dll and AVIImport.dll. Have you removed both?

KaHuc.png

Yes to both, and still I can save things properly, sorry but i can't use it like this

Try cutting and pasting all plugins to another folder and seeing if it works - then moving them back one by one.

KaHuc.png

The odd thing is i have all of the other file type plug-ins mentioned on previous pages installed and i am not currently experiencing any problems at all due to conflicting file types.

MiguelPereira, just out of interest what additional file-type plug-ins do you have.

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

pretty much everyone on the forums that haven't been integrated with PdN main ones, and even those i think i haave still one or 2

Your going to have to give a bit more detail than that. Preferably go to your file type folder and post a screen shot with the icon view as "tile". Then we will be able to see the file names and version of the plug-in

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

File Types folder:

filetypes1cz7.png

Save as:

filetypes2fv5.png

Don't Know - but in this version I did what you suggested and put in a blank "Save As" function.

What I meant was to implement a visible Save as entry which actually saves something (a dummy file). This might fix the bug.

Open:

filetypes3ek2.png

.Net Framework folder:

filetypes4cu6.png

System:

filetypes5qh5.png

Now I wonder if it can be fixed this way.