How to Install Plugins ×

AVI Frame Importer: AVIImport Version 4.0

Simon Brown

Fixed. When I get round to it - I will post the latest version. Any feature suggestions apart from new file types?

So we are also getting the new dialog settings aswell?

Anyways, I guess, a way to import a video of some sort, split it into frames, and then allows you to choose an effect to apply to the video, and then put the frames back into the filetype. I guess that's more of just a plug-in rather than a file-type though, but it would bring batch processing to PDN, and some batch processing is for video making.

That's not really possible with a plugin. In fact i've tried to suggest that to Rick Brewster but he told me it had already been discussed.

KaHuc.png

Fixed. When I get round to it - I will post the latest version. Any feature suggestions apart from new file types?

Anyways, I guess, a way to import a video of some sort, split it into frames, and then allows you to choose an effect to apply to the video, and then put the frames back into the filetype. I guess that's more of just a plug-in rather than a file-type though, but it would bring batch processing to PDN, and some batch processing is for video making.

That's not really possible with a plugin. In fact i've tried to suggest that to Rick Brewster but he told me it had already been discussed.

Just wondering, how is it not possible with a plug-in? A plug-in, file-type or standard can load and save files, so, like with the AVIImport, it creates it into all frames, and then mabye have something like ScriptLab which allows you to choose a plug-in, and then it renders all of the frames and then re-compiles them. You can use the TEMP directory for the frames aswell so it isn't effect as much in the memory.

Just wondering, how is it not possible with a plug-in? A plug-in, file-type or standard can load and save files, so, like with the AVIImport, it creates it into all frames, and then mabye have something like ScriptLab which allows you to choose a plug-in, and then it renders all of the frames and then re-compiles them. You can use the TEMP directory for the frames aswell so it isn't effect as much in the memory.

That would practically be a seperate application. Besides, ScriptLab is PyroChild's plugin - not mine.

KaHuc.png

I did actually make something a bit like ScriptLab (I didn't even know it existed then) that could create standalone DLLs but after a while I got bored of working on it and what a pain it was to debug.

KaHuc.png

Hi there, love your plugin! Love the fact that I can now get a screenshot of a vid clip without a separate application. The only thing is that the vid is hard to see since it is pixelated. Is there a workaround for this?

I am tempted to PM you about your canditate of choice for the 2008 election, being a resident while he was mayor.

Hi there, love your plugin! Love the fact that I can now get a screenshot of a vid clip without a separate application. The only thing is that the vid is hard to see since it is pixelated. Is there a workaround for this?

I am tempted to PM you about your canditate of choice for the 2008 election, being a resident while he was mayor.

Hi,

It's inly pixelated in the preview and that is to save ram. I will be posting another update soon that will allow you to change this.

As for the PM - go ahead.

KaHuc.png

Just like to suggest that the default values for the image should be in the 4:3 image ratio instead of the 1:1 ratio (so image does not appear "squashed") you are currently using as most people will be importing videos created at this ratio. In this case keeping the vertical size the 4:3 ratio would be 80 across and 60 down.

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

Just like to suggest that the default values for the image should be in the 4:3 image ratio instead of the 1:1 ratio (so image does not appear "squashed") you are currently using as most people will be importing videos created at this ratio. In this case keeping the vertical size the 4:3 ratio would be 80 across and 60 down.

Geoff

Maybe in the next version. But this version lets you change the size so you could fix that.

KaHuc.png

Bug: Clicking on the X button dosen't cancel the operation, it still puts it onto the canvas.

Apart from that, it's good.

EDIT: Also, I'm presuming you need to restart Windows for the changes to the thumbnail to work?

Wow, since my last visit a lot of things happened... :)

For the file type export problem, I'll have a look. One suggestion: You should allow custom settings via an INI file (in the effects directory) - such a file is easier to edit and it's not dangerous - compared to an edit of the registry. There are noobs out there, you know. :)

You should allow custom settings via an INI file (in the effects directory)

Why not in the Paint.NET user folder in "My Documents"?

What Paint.NET user folder?

KaHuc.png

Wow, since my last visit a lot of things happened... :)

For the file type export problem, I'll have a look. One suggestion: You should allow custom settings via an INI file (in the effects directory) - such a file is easier to edit and it's not dangerous - compared to an edit of the registry. There are noobs out there, you know. :)

I'll write a program to do alter the keys.

KaHuc.png

You should allow custom settings via an INI file (in the effects directory)

Why not in the Paint.NET user folder in "My Documents"?

What Paint.NET user folder?

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Paint.NET User Files

That is on XP. The colure pallets are stored there.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

How to edit AVIImport settings

Requirements: You must be running version 3.4 or later of my plugin and you must have already used that version (so that it can configure itself).

1. When you run AVIImport 2.4 for the first time it will create a configuration file in "My Documents" called "aviimportsettings.txt". So open that now in notepad by Right-Click -> Open-With -> Notepad.

2. The first line is the width (in pixels) of the thumbnail, the default value is 60 and a large the number will bring better quality preview image but it may cause problems with low-spec computers or big videos.

3. The second line is like the first, exept it's the height.

4. The third line is the percentage across for the default position of the frame selector.

5. Now save the file and close notepad.

Now when you run AVIImport it will respect your new settings.

To revert back to the origional settings - just delete the file and run the plugin.

KaHuc.png

Requirements: You must be running version 3.4 or later of my plugin and you must have already used that version (so that it can configure itself).

1. When you run AVIImport 2.4 for the first time it will create a configuration file in "My Documents" called "aviimportsettings.txt". So open that now in notepad by Right-Click -> Open-With -> Notepad.

2. The first line is the width (in pixels) of the thumbnail, the default value is 60 and a large the number will bring better quality preview image but it may cause problems with low-spec computers or big videos.

4. The third line is the percentage across for the default position of the frame selector.

To revert back to the origional settings - just delete the file and run the plugin.

Works great. :D:D:D

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Do you think I should write a program to change the settings?

P.S. How stupid of me to expect the avrage end user to edit the registry by hand.

KaHuc.png

Do you think I should write a program to change the settings?

P.S. How stupid of me to expect the avrage end user to edit the registry by hand.

I think you should have a option to change the default settings. And the regedit methord didn't work for me at all, and I have admin privledges.

EDIT: And can we please have the aviimportsettings.txt in the Paint.NET User Files folder? And if the folder isn't there, your plug-in can just create it.