How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

10 hours ago, Joshua Moore said:

I meant what does redistribute mean? I cannot find a good definition online.

You may not give away, sell, rehost, make available for download, repackage, modify or rebuild the plugin.

You may provide links to the location where the author has hosted the plugin.

You may use the plugin to make images for personal or commercial purposes. You may show it being used.

• 7 months later...

Thank you for the plug-in @pyrochild (I know this post is super old but maybe you'll see this 😀)! 

I have mine up and working (🤓 I'm freaking stoked!), although, I have a question about using the 'outline' feature.  My canvas size is 7,271px x 10,871px-- is this why I'm getting a less clean look?  I set the Thickness in different ranges between 1-10, and it wasn't enough to fully outline.  Higher than that, I get better outline coverage, but an awkward white outline around that.  

Any tricks for me?  

BTW: I promise I'm putting effort into finding as many answers as I can through forums and YouTube videos so as not to wear anybody out with my questions *cough cough @toe_head2001* 🙂.  This particular plug-in is something I don't know how to search for outside this forum and a Youtube video with a direct link to this plug-in, but that particular problem isn't one I saw had to be discussed.  

• 4 months later...

The plugin pack comes with an MIT License file stating: 

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Regardless of OP stating "Do not redistribute these plugins without prior permission from pyrochild." as long as the conditions of including the aforementioned notices are fulfilled, you are actually already allowed to do whatever you want with it, redistribute and even sell or modify.. please correct if I'm wrong?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thank you so much for the plugins. I have one question...

As i'm using curve+ to manipulate the image but as i see that we can "save current as preset" but i want to know the values of the curve. Could you help me to get XY cordinate values from curve. I want to use it as Look Up Table in image processing. 

12 minutes ago, VishalLazy said:

i see that we can "save current as preset" but i want to know the values of the curve.

The values are stored in the .XML file that's created when you save the preset.  Or you looking for all interpolated curve values?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 5 months later...

Hi, I received the following error while using the smudge tool.

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\Smudge.dll
      Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge
      Full error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at pyrochild.effects.common.HistoryStack.Dispose()
   at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigDialog.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1119

Paint.net 4.2.10 (Final 4.2.10.7348.40816)

I didn't know where to find the version of the plug-in, but I redid my computer about 6 months ago and redownloaded all the plug-in packs if that helps.  (so sorry)

Thank you, you have great plug-in!

Nutkitten

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Really love this plugin pack!❤️

I do have a question regarding the Smudge tool though:

Is it possible to put a ''layer'' on top of the one you're smudging? 

For example:

I want to smudge/transform someone's face into a specific silhouette/outline. (say: Make my face fit into Squidward's  from Spongebob)

It's quite difficult to see the result when the smudge tool opens in another, separate, window.

Hope someone can help me out!

On the first post of the topic specific for the Smudge plugin:

On 7/4/2008 at 9:35 AM, pyrochild said:

To change the background color or use a picture, right-click on the image in Smudge.

The trick is to copy the target image (or layer) on the clipboard, then switch to the image (or layer) you want to smudge and use the plugin. In the plugin window, right-click the background and chose the clipboard image.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Pyro! This is an awesome pack.

I've been playing with render>random shape fill, and I was wondering if it is possible to add the following features:

-> No clipping checkbox, to prevent shapes from clipping into each other
-> Density "gradient", to make the shapes appear more frequently on one side or corner. With the choice to select the side or corner.
-> Density gradient type, with the checkbox options: Bigger to smaller, Opaque to Transparent, Primary to Secondary(requires or forces the "Primary and Secondary" color option) and maybe an invert option for each type
-> Slider for "Density gradient frequency", for a harsher or smoother transition in density

Thanks again!

• pyrochild changed the title to pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Just installed the pack on the Windows Store version and I seem to be having scaling issues on my 4k monitor for the Tools. 

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the lefthand menu buttons are tiny, the top menu items are cut off, as is the "OK" button on the bottom right.

Any help would be appreciated. 

screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Are you using a non-standard DPI setting in Windows? What happens if you change it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! This plugin is fantastic! But there's one thing that I think would make this plugin perfect. Basically when creating the shapes they usually overlap a lot, so it would be awesome if there was a setting that you could enable that made it so that shapes don't overlap or a setting where you can pick the minimum amount of space that there should be between each shape.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:36 AM, MrJaXser said:

Basically when creating the shapes they usually overlap a lot

Could you clarify what you mean by 'creating the shapes' please?  Did you mean Borders and Shapes in this Plugin?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello - is there any way for me to download a version of this plugin pack compatible with v3.5.11? I cannot find a link anywhere, and I lost my old backups which had a compatible version. Earliest I can find is 2016-10-02 which is too new for v3.5.11.

1 hour ago, wackypack said:

... is there any way for me to download a version of this plugin pack compatible with v3.5.11?

Sorry, we don't offer any kind of support for v3.5.11.

If you choose to use an old version like that, you're on your own.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab