Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

Dan's been busy.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So what's the rules now?

will the work be approved as long as you have used just a single polar inversion in it, or will the :PolarInversion: have to kind of be the "center" of the sig/the most important thing in the sig?

if you know what I mean

dragonseyesig.png

Does something like the spider from the spider tut count for the competition...?

Absolutely! I created the 'Neon Spider' tut as an example of a different creative approach to using Polar Inversion - my hope, in choosing Polar Inversion as the theme for the next SOTW, is that entrants will be as creative as possible and show how the effect can be used in many different ways.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Alrighty peoples, Number 13 is on!

I apologize for the delay. The Holidays were a very busy time for me, and my day job occupied my time for the first part of today. :wink:

Enjoi! :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

If this entry is unallowed (I made it before the competition, and it is my current signature) gladly remove it.

Perfectly acceptable. :P

Actually, I have a sig I made a long time ago that used Polar Inversion for the background as well:

LifeBrain.png

I'll have to make a new one, though. This one's 520 pixels wide... >_>

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

:D ok so I'm happy 90% with this one. Of course I know the downfall will be the font :cry: I totally just am not good at picking them correctly but this is what I've got so far. (PS here I've still the PDN so if anyone can suggest a bette looking one let me know and I'll actually change it for the forum font.

about this #13 week sig of the week. It was sure hard to condense that lovely polar down to this ittty bitty size of a sigandyetanothernewsigintheworksthi-1.png but I like the looks of the flower image .

very good!

I was looking for a good effect to put on one of my pictures, and Polar Inversion seems to be the best. I'm not sure if I should post it, though. I'll just put it in Area 51 for now :P

But just a little hint: My border is like Void's, and as for the image itself, you can't tell it used Polar Inversion, as I cropped it (it was a 1600x1200 image, not exactly sig size), removing the center of the inversion (looks ugly otherwise). Here's another hint as to what it looks like: I may make it my official forum sig (looks 3x better than my current one, IMO).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

:D ok so I'm happy 90% with this one. Of course I know the downfall will be the font :cry: I totally just am not good at picking them correctly but this is what I've got so far. (PS here I've still the PDN so if anyone can suggest a bette looking one let me know and I'll actually change it for the forum font.

about this #13 week sig of the week. It was sure hard to condense that lovely polar down to this ittty bitty size of a sigandyetanothernewsigintheworksthi-1.png but I like the looks of the flower image .

very good!

thanks salu any idea for a better font? this is the one I entered in the contest but I've still the pdn and can change the font layer for my final sig to use in the forum. using this for now as the Christmas one needed to be trashed.

I was looking for a good effect to put on one of my pictures, and Polar Inversion seems to be the best. I'm not sure if I should post it, though. I'll just put it in Area 51 for now :P

But just a little hint: My border is like Void's, and as for the image itself, you can't tell it used Polar Inversion, as I cropped it (it was a 1600x1200 image, not exactly sig size), removing the center of the inversion (looks ugly otherwise). Here's another hint as to what it looks like: I may make it my official forum sig (looks 3x better than my current one, IMO).

hey well bring it on what you waiting for?

let the party begin.

I guess, but I know that CMD has something extreemly good behind the palm of his hand, and I'm trying to walk around him in order to see behind that palm...

Ah well, I have a problem with keeping things to myself for so long:

Secret_Prototype_SOTW_entry_by_used.png

Source image is mine: http://usedhonda.deviantart.com/art/73982770

The problem is that I don't know whether I should keep it's ambient feel, or add something like a car or person into it...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Just kidding. I'm dying inside. :(

Are we doing it well, though?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

very good!

thanks salu any idea for a better font? this is the one I entered in the contest but I've still the pdn and can change the font layer for my final sig to use in the forum. using this for now as the Christmas one needed to be trashed.

hmm i found a new website for fonts its http://www.neatfonts.com/ and it has like a lot of fonts there :)

I just looked at the current competition. I thought Oma killed it until I saw Wither's submission. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Hey, BoltBait - I thought about uploading this. Too awesome?

HORROR.gif