How to Install Plugins ×

Asmageddon Tools Pack v3

Asmageddon Prince

Bah. Everyone should just get 7z. It's more versatile than the built-in Windows ZIP utility, and from what I've seen, a heck of a lot less intrusive than WinRAR.

:wink:

Well of course everyone should get 7z. But... they're not going to. You know it, I know it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Bah. Everyone should just get 7z. It's more versatile than the built-in Windows ZIP utility, and from what I've seen, a heck of a lot less intrusive than WinRAR.

Well of course everyone should get 7z. But... they're not going to. You know it, I know it.

Or try Jzip which is a gui for 7-Zip that makes it more user friendly.

Definately some nice plugins in this pack.

Sorry, but I cannot fix them, because I`m using CodeLab.

Of course you can fix them: by writing correct code. If your plugin is buggy then don't bother releasing it until it's fixed. CodeLab isn't tying your hands here with respect to multithreaded correctness. To say, "Oh I can't fix this and I'm blaming it on the tools" is pretty irresponsible.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Or try Jzip which is a gui for 7-Zip that makes it more user friendly.

Definately some nice plugins in this pack.

I must be smarter than I think I am, because I can use 7-Zip easily. If anyone would like a walkthrough, let me know. If you like the features of WinRar, but are annoyed by the popups, get Filzip. Its free, and has a similar layout to Winrar. And it's green, if that's an added bonus to you.http://www.filzip.com/en/index.html

The error in every plugin, that you was saying about is because EVERY of this plugins is made in CodeLab.

And it happens on Multi-Core processors only.

I've never seen this type of problem from CodeLab scripts before. I'll take a look at your sources.

EDIT: I've looked at the sources in the ZIP file and don't see a reason they should care if they are on multi-core or not. I'll look at the other sources when they are located in a ZIP file. :P

The most pervasive problem is that you have declared your working variables outside the Render method, and hence they are global :(

Since these variables are being modified from multiple threads, the results are, umm, not nice...

Repeat after me "Global variables are bad. Global variables do not play-nice with threads. m'kay"

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

The most pervasive problem is that you have declared your working variables outside the Render method, and hence they are global :(

Since these variables are being modified from multiple threads, the results are, umm, not nice...

Repeat after me "Global variables are bad. Global variables do not play-nice with threads. m'kay"

Yep! The bad habit of using globals not only leads to almost unreadable, unmaintainable code but is also responsible for most of the problems of the kind "I can swear I saw this happening! I don't know why it's not happening just now that I'm trying to show you... but you must believe me!!" Or it's variant "I think I saw a pussycat!" Damn spaghetti oriented programming! :lol:

That's one of the reasons why I like pure object oriented programming languages or, at least, it's practices when using 'hybrid' languages (most of the current 'mainstream' ones are, to some degree...). Sooooo......

"Global variables are bad. Global variables do not play-nice with threads. m'kay"

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

Why do you think I'm such a proponent of functional programming patterns? Minimize or even eliminate dependences on external state, and side effects, and your program will be much easier to analyze for correctness. And once you're used to it, it's honestly easier and faster to write code that way anyway. Less time debugging and going "hmm how does this work in this state" and more time saying "look I'm done!" even if you had to type more keystrokes.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Don`t konow why, but I always liked global variables, and now...

They are source of my problem, I`ll try to fix my plugins.Does somebody know how to create blurs?

Look at the Guassian Blur source (in the PDN 3.10 source), and then look at wikipedia for some more information.

Or if you just want to use a blur to help a plug-in, just use guassian blur to a certain amount. It's what a few plug-in author's have done, although it means the plug-in wouldn't wok in PDN 3.20 APLHA 2.

Why do you think I'm such a proponent of functional programming patterns? Minimize or even eliminate dependences on external state, and side effects, and your program will be much easier to analyze for correctness. And once you're used to it, it's honestly easier and faster to write code that way anyway. Less time debugging and going "hmm how does this work in this state" and more time saying "look I'm done!" even if you had to type more keystrokes.

Wow! it seems very promising indeed, but I must confess that I feel myself kind of 'out of the league' in relation to functional programming... :oops:

The closest I've ever been to it's concepts is the use of the so-called functors, such as for each and first that, for iterating through complex hierarchical object sets, carrying functions as arguments and - in the case of first that - returning an instance of an object that satisfies the given condition function. It's been implemented (mind you!) in C++ in our current intelligent field devices configuration software- a now ~10 years old program, in it's second incarnation -, for control networks such as Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, etc. and helped us enormously in simplifying programs' logic but I can't see myself shifting paradigms again so soon... :lol:

The concepts, nonetheless, are great - I took a look at the reference you've pointed at at the roadmap (thanks! ;)) - and I just love anything that enforces patterns and best practices! So, who knows... :D

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

It`s good to hear, that they work good.It took me two hours to fix all of the plugins.

And thanks for telling me what was done bad.

I'm glad to hear that 'tis fine now so thanks to Ed Harvey for being the first to pinpoint the problem.

Congratulations! :)

~Dr. Seuss

First of all: 7-zip. Thanks.

Second: the plugins work fine, now. Thank you, nice work.

I'm liking the quadro distorters the best, along with a few of the channel effects and the inverto-push plus. I'm still trying to figure out how to use some of the other effects to maximum potential, but they are all a lot of fun. Thanks again.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze

tried out your package today. personally I like the render Border one this may give me some more control over the areas I need to shade using alpha values and gassiaun blur.

the one that I think I might investigate further is that Strange bulger Kaleidoscope.

only problem I come across is that there are just so many jaggies along the edges after you distort anything using these plugins. Knowing this happens allows me to anticipate for it and to work into the picture.

good job keep working on your coding skills, looking forward to seeing some more from you in the future.

I wish to add anti-alliasing, but I don`t know how to do it. Tell me how to make it, and I`ll be happy that I know how to do this. And you will be happy, that there would be antialliasing in my plugins.

And if you have any suggestions, about how often I should update my plugin pack?

Every two plugins made?

Every five?

Now I have two new effects, and third one in my plans.

Tell me, if you will find tutorial with my plugins, I`m very curious to know how others use them.

Logo-1.gif

The Asmageddon is coming.

You better prepare... or you won`t survive