How to Install Plugins ×

Mirror / Rotate

Toli

Yes. I think that every piece of software, however small, should take into consideration some "small" things like accesibility, keyboard control, globalization, user settings remember and so on.

Reply to Pantaleao.

Thank you for your feedback. I program since 1982, so I am quite old in the branch too!

Usually, you are right. However, the changes in the look and feel are marginal and in the functionality are none. Taking into the consideration the gain in usability, I suppose that the users will be happy. If not and should I receive more negative feedback, it wouldn't be so difficult to revert to the initial UI.

Reply to Pantaleao.

Thank you for your feedback. I program since 1982, so I am quite old in the branch too!

Usually, you are right. However, the changes in the look and feel are marginal and in the functionality are none. Taking into the consideration the gain in usability, I suppose that the users will be happy. If not and should I receive more negative feedback, it wouldn't be so difficult to revert to the initial UI.

Could you make the initial UI as a UI choice?

This will be neither easy nor straightforward.

However, I might implement it time available and / or more people complaining about it.

The difference is not only about two missing buttons, but the fact that now all the options are on Buttons, not RadioButtons anymore. The best solution would probably be to use two different forms and load whichever appropriate at runtime (the user's choice, remembered in the Ini File)

Reply to Pantaleao.

...If not and should I receive more negative feedback...

Please don't get me wrong, as I wasn't saying that your plugin UI is bad,...

Could you make the initial UI as a UI choice?

...I was just anticipating not only this kind of request but also...

...the changes in the look and feel are marginal and in the functionality are none. Taking into the consideration the gain in usability...

...looking at PdN as a whole. Imagine what would result if each plugin author decides doing his 'smal' deviation from the Standard L&F Design Guidelines* of a plugin-oriented, architecture-driven project, just for the sake of usability; each of them could be great in isolation but in the context of the project as a whole... That's why we must resist the 'temptation'...

And that was my only concern. Thanks again and congratulations! :)

* Oh yes, I think we have one: "Windows L&F Design Guidelines", Microsoft Press.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

~Dr. Seuss

Thank you for your appreciation.

Less CPU and Memory overhead is an old habit of mine, from the era when CPU frequency was around 0.87 MHz, bandwidth was 8 bits and RAM 64 KB...

By the way, do you think that I should make a little tutorial about how to make a faster plugin or something? (I am a professor too, not only a programmer)

By the way, do you think that I should make a little tutorial about how to make a faster plugin or something? (I am a professor too, not only a programmer)

Not that i'm madjik nor a c# progammer, but i believe that there are people who would benefit greatly with a lesson like that :D

Please check the new binary and source code at the beggining of the thread. I think these are almost final, because I am not going to work at this plugin in the near future unless serios bugs / drawbacks are found.

I made another plugin, Smooth, check that one too, please.

Not that i'm madjik nor a c# progammer, but i believe that there are people who would benefit greatly with a lesson like that :D

:shock: are my plugin so that you think and say I need some lessons to adapt them ?

:lol: In fact I agree, I want to have some lessons on how to make my plugins better... I'm learning C# by myself so this will be a great help!

:lol:

:shock: are my plugin so that you think and say I need some lessons to adapt them ?

:lol: In fact I agree, I want to have some lessons on how to make my plugins better... I'm learning C# by myself so this will be a great help!

NO! I don't think that your plugins are slow, or that you need a lesson to improve them, cause I simply don't know c# that well and I didn't read the source of any plugin, so I'm not the person to point fingers at who needs one or two lessons on programming.

And for the record, I do think your plugin have a nice renderization algorithm, they're quick enough! :D

I created a localizable version of the Plugin.

It autodetects the current language in Paint.NET and changes the Plugin Title (the MenuItem) and the UI accordingly.

Just download the new binary and the Ini File and place them both in the Effects Folder.

Feel free to improve my translations and / or add new languages.

Enjoy!

Could you put the version number and release date on your thread's subject line (edit the first post), so we can see at a glance whether it's been updated or not? (i.e. "Mirror/Rotate v.2.0, 12 Nov 2007") Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I am glad to be of use and bring joy to my fellow human beings.

And because programming is the best thing I know to do, I will keep doing it.

I was a little busy, but I will be back soon.

Toli Cuturicu

• 1 month later...

@Toli

I've just installed your plugin and i must say that this plugin should be a standard feature in PdN - why it isn't ? (Rick) is beyond me !

Anyway, good job and well done Toli :D

• 2 years later...

Where should I download it?

The link leads to the old forum (which is obviously gone), and I tried google cache, but that doesn't work either.

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

Thank you (can't believe I didn't see that)

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 6 months later...

The link is given two posts above yours. I'll update the first post with the correct link right now.

• 6 years later...

I was using a old version of P.N before I got a new PC and I now have the latest version of P.N  but I had a mirror plugin that allowed to mirror 'top over bottom;  left over right; bottom over top; and right over left. I cannot find it anywhere. Anyone know about this and can you help me find it??:)