PDN Tips and Tricks

Blooper

You don't have to be holding a nub to rotate the selection

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

To rotate an image with more control you can right click your mouse and drag it while you are on the :MoveTool: (move tool). I believe this also works with the :MoveSelectionTool: (move selection tool) even though I don't know what use it would be.

You mean, drag the nubs.

Yes, thats what I meant, my brain just couldn't get the correct wording for it.

Wait... now I'm confused....

pdnfsig.png

To rotate an image with more control you can right click your mouse and drag it while you are on the :MoveTool: (move tool). I believe this also works with the :MoveSelectionTool: (move selection tool) even though I don't know what use it would be.

You mean, drag the nubs.

Yes, thats what I meant, my brain just couldn't get the correct wording for it.

Wait... now I'm confused....

In either the "Move Pixels" or "Move Selection" command a right click ANYWHERE on the screen will rotate the selection. You don't even need to be within the canvas area. Closer to the center point of selection gives you a fast spinning, little control or precision rotation. Further from the center point allows a slower more precisely controlled rotation.

Forum tip: Read the posts that have been locked (closed) by the Moderators. These posts have a little padlock icon next to the subject.

Helpfully the Mods will usually explain why the thread has been locked, what rule has been transgressed and where to find the rules.

Finding out how the rules are applied helps you to avoid posting blunders of your own.

If you have two pictures and you know that in one of them something is manipulated but you can't easily find the difference, put the two images on two different layers and set the toplayer blending to Xor. The manipulated area will be the only area which isn't black.

Hope you need it somewhere^^

Hi Im Really Stuck...Plz someone help me....Ive made some Really good Pics following tutorials....and everything....But I cant seem to get the Pics on here or anywhere else and it's making me really frustrated Please help....My email...Is aaron1303@hotmail.com Or even just Post and help me in here Plz Cry for help lol :lol:

Hi Im Really Stuck...Plz someone help me....Ive made some Really good Pics following tutorials....and everything....But I cant seem to get the Pics on here or anywhere else and it's making me really frustrated Please help....My email...Is aaron1303@hotmail.com Or even just Post and help me in here Plz Cry for help lol :lol:

This thread is to share tips & tricks.

And please use search before asking. (Or even just look around the forum first)

Is this what you mean?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6270

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 4 weeks later...

Something I didn't know until recently, perhaps I'm just clueless, or perhaps this is looked over, but here is my tip:

[ reduces the size of your brush by one pixel and ] increases the size of the brush by one pixel.

Both of them make the size change by five pixels if you press control at the same time.

It's a bit faster than going up to the panel in my opinion.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a tip; if you're stuck for ideas, listen to some music and create a graphic that goes with it. Right now, I'm listening to The Master Tape, so expect my next sig and avatar to be vivid, spontaneous and exxagerated.

• 1 month later...

When animating something parts of the sig come out edgy when saved as a .gif image. So to fix this you would 'cut' the picture. Such as have the animated part cut out by separating the picture in different sections. If you have an animation in the middle of a sig you would delete everything but the first part before the animation then save it as a seperate image. Do the same to the animation as well as the second part. Then when your finished put the images side by side to make up the entire image (not in PDN but on the site where you want it to show).

TIP: Cut the image before you animate it, otherwise PDN will freeze your animation.

I have two tips.

To give yourself more viewing/editing space quickly, just press F5 F6 F7 and F8 (with four fingers of course) to hide/show all the floating windows at the same time. If you want to open an individual window (so you only have the the windows you need open) look through the 'Window' menu to see which window is assigned to which hot key.

Read what CMD writes on this topic about enhancing eyes (but it's also useful for other stuff). Scroll down to read everything he says.

• 3 weeks later...

If you wish to make a dark image lighter and retain the colour, duplicate the layer, Invert Colours, then set the blend mode to Overlay (for the layer you inverted colours) and merge down.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Desaturate and dd a little blur to the top layer for an HDR effect...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster