Print centered and to image size option?

Shadrack

Why do all the print options in Paint.NET involve rotating, resizing, and/or cropping my image? I want to print something a very specific size. Such DPI options are available in Paint.NET but are worthless due to the lack of print options that allow you to print the native DPI of the image.

Anyway we can get that feature added to the next version.

Loving Paint.NET! Most of the time I use the print options and really like that they are there... kinda surprised a most basic and simple print function isn't available. Maybe it is there and I'm missing something....????

Thanks!

-shad

What you're seeing is the Microsoft Photo Printing Wizard. It's a windows thing, not a Paint.NET thing.

I think there was a thread about this and what you could do to print pictures at the right size. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Hmmm this is what I found. It seems the only way to print to size is to save your image as a .png and print it from another program. A better printing interface is listed under the Popular Feature Requests.

time-smaller.png

• 8 years later...

Hi all. I find Paint.net very useful and great....except for one thing: the Printing interface! There was an old, editing program which had a BRILLIANT print interface and I still do not understand why nothing similar hasn't been introduced into PDN. The program was from the late 90's named Ulead Photoimpact. When you do a print preview, a page is displayed in full length along with your image on it. Now if you simply drag the image to whatever position you want on the page, when you print, the paper will look exactly like what you have on your screen and it doesn't matter if you drag half of the it out of the paper page, the print will look like that when you print it! Furthermore you can  centre, re-size, fit the image in the page and all the usual things. There was also a ruler on the preview so that if you drag your image say 2cm from the top edge, the print will come out just like you set it!

Welcome to the forum, JMS11482!

This is quite an old thread, so I will be locking it momentarily (see forum rules). There has since been several plugins created for printing that make things much easier. The one I like to use is Simon Brown's Printer+ plugin.

If you would like to continue this discussion, feel free to start a new thread with a link back to this one. Thanks!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo