How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

That UI bears a striking resemblance to a colour effect by Ed, yet there is no such effect listed in either of his packages...

There is Glass Blocks but it doesn't follow a colour effect UI.

EDIT: just noticed that I too have Magic Glass, but I can swear down on my life that I haven't downloaded it as an individual file. It also doesn't appear to modify the picture in any way neither, so is very puzzling indeed.

That UI bears a striking resemblance to a colour effect by Ed, yet there is no such effect listed in either of his packages...

There is Glass Blocks but it doesn't follow a colour effect UI.

EDIT: just noticed that I too have Magic Glass, but I can swear down on my life that I haven't downloaded it as an individual file. It also doesn't appear to modify the picture in any way neither, so is very puzzling indeed.

The same thing with me, wierd, anyway it does modify the pic at least if its in redscale...

omExTE6.png

pyrochild may be ignoring the EffectCategory placed on effects. Rotate/Zoom uses EffectCategory.DoNotDisplay because it is implemented as an effect, but we want to manually place it in a specific place (in the Layers menu).

It's possible Ed Harvey just has another effect in his DLL that he didn't want to make public yet, and thus put the [EffectCategory(DoNotDisplay)] attribute on it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

pyrochild may be ignoring the EffectCategory placed on effects. Rotate/Zoom uses EffectCategory.DoNotDisplay because it is implemented as an effect, but we want to manually place it in a specific place (in the Layers menu).

It's possible Ed Harvey just has another effect in his DLL that he didn't want to make public yet, and thus put the [EffectCategory(DoNotDisplay)] attribute on it.

Ok rick thanks for clearing this up

omExTE6.png

pyrochild may be ignoring the EffectCategory placed on effects.[...]

True on both counts.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

If now you can make it also do actions (with tools like the text tool) for you, you are my hero!

A while ago I created a font and I had to type every single letter into a single pic and always do the same effects to it again and again. (A font for Blobby Volley)

Link to the font: http://blobby.redio.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=139&pid=983#pid983

If now you can make it also do actions (with tools like the text tool) for you, you are my hero!

I may be wrong but i think that Tool and adjustments, etc... , basically the things outside the effects folder aren't accessible through plugins. It comes from the effects architecture impossibility to access the other things properties.

But he would be my hero too if could make that... :lol::lol::lol:

OK, but don't complain to me when your old version crashes and you lose 2 hours worth of work. Seriously. I don't wanna hear about it.

I never would as I have found no other usage for scripting than sharing "the steps" with friends at the moment. So you won't hear a word. Seriously. :wink:

Okay, then don't complain to him when your old version crashes on them and THEY lose 2 hours worth of work :-) (okay, unlikely, but I thought it was funny...)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Okay, then don't complain to him when your old version crashes on them and THEY lose 2 hours worth of work :-) (okay, unlikely, but I thought it was funny...)

Heh, heh... Neither me nor my friends are jobless and have the time to play with effects for 2 hours. Also you can use both versions, you only have to close PDN and change the dll.

And now enough! Regardless who uses it or doesn't use it, this plugin is great work and it's thread shouldn't be used for pointless discussions. :)

The reason I removed the so-called "Ed's Easter Eggs" is because he set them up to NOT be usable from Paint.NET. Obviously, he must have had a reason for doing so. They're likely buggy, unfinished, not ready for public consumption, subject to MASSIVE changes between now and when Ed decides they're ready for release, etc. If he doesn't want people running those effects, than I honestly have no right to undermine him; it's his decision. When he feels those effects are ready for the public, he will make them properly available. Until then, be patient.

xZYt6wl.png

Rotate/Zoom still works fine. The original reason I ignored the code that told Paint.NET not to include effects in the menu was specifically to allow Rotate/Zoom to be used from Script-thingy. I didn't realize at that point that that code was being used by anything other than R/Z. Stupid assumption...

xZYt6wl.png

Bug/Quirk?

Repro:

Go through the first 3 steps of my Snowflake tut.

Load the included *.sls file into ScriptLab. Quickly now, hit 'OK' on the ScriptLab dialog before preview renders. Everything in the top area should look fine but the bottom portion of canvas will have distorted/brighter snowflakes.

/Blatant self-promoting masked in concern for the PdN community...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Bug/Quirk?

Repro:

Go through the first 3 steps of my Snowflake tut.

Load the included *.sls file into ScriptLab. Quickly now, hit 'OK' on the ScriptLab dialog before preview renders. Everything in the top area should look fine but the bottom portion of canvas will have distorted/brighter snowflakes.

/Blatant self-promoting masked in concern for the PdN community...

Woah! Weird... I don't have time to look into this right now, so until I get a chance to investigate, you can use Ctrl+Z to undo, then Ctrl+F to redo, and it should render properly.

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...

This plugin won't work in the newest version of Paint.net (Alpha Release build 3.20.2865.28203) at least not for me. Had no problems with ScripLab before I updated PDN :cry:

Here's the error return:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab

Full error message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.PopulateMenu()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.PopulateEffects()

at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

I really like this plugin ... hope we can figure out a fix.

RTSig004.jpg

PDNUsebar001.jpg

"Rule 9) Be courteous to others. Constructive criticism is generally welcome and encouraged. Starting fights and being rude is not."

Constructive criticism does not include abuse.

Tact \tâkt\ n

Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

Pyrochild is waiting for the final release to fix the code.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.