How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

Not possible. Or is it? Probably not as Effects are only limited to the Pixels on the canvas or in your selection, not the size of your selection or canvas.

Right. ScriptLab's capabilities, being based on the Effect API, are therefore limited to all the same restraints as any other effect plugin.

However, ScriptLab won't always be a plugin...

Do you mean it will be a seperate program?

Edit: Or part of Paint.NET itself?

KaHuc.png

with v4.0 there will (suppose to) be a macro function that will allow for complete control over every aspect of Paint.NET at which point either ScriptLab and its .SLS will integrate with this added functionality, or will die away.

Other than that, I guess Rick might pick up this plugin for a future release in which he can add support for more than simply plugins. Who knows?

Edit: 217th post, I am scared! What do I do?

signature.png

with v4.0 there will (suppose to) be a macro function that will allow for complete control over every aspect of Paint.NET at which point either ScriptLab and its .SLS will integrate with this added functionality, or will die away.

Other than that, I guess Rick might pick up this plugin for a future release in which he can add support for more than simply plugins. Who knows?

Sorry, but you're completely incorrect on both counts. The real answer is far better than either possibility. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

OMG! I hate surprises :?

What can be better than both and still be relevant to both? NOTHING! A Macro function is the best I can think of! Grrrr....

signature.png

OMG! I hate surprises :?

What can be better than both and still be relevant to both? NOTHING! A Macro function is the best I can think of! Grrrr....

Maybe it's something more powerful than macros.

KaHuc.png

Maybe, the only problem is that I cant think of anything more powerful. Maybe History and ScriptLab are coming together? I dont know. Only time will tell!

signature.png

Speaking of that - what we really need is non-linear history. But I believe the best way to implement that is width adjustment layers - which are apparently coming in version 4.

But all these features I imaging will be a "plumbing" nightmare.

KaHuc.png

I dont ever use the history. It really is no help to me. Maybe if I could click a little info tab beside each step to give me information for instance:

I click on info on a line curve tool and it tells me the coordinates of each nub and the brush width

OR

I click on info on a Shape3D and it pulls up Shape3D with all info boxes filled with what I had it on during that time.

WHEW! That was extremely tough to say seeing how it doesnt exist. I hope you understand that pile of bloody potato I call a few lines of text

signature.png

The main obsticle is probably that Paint.NET was designed to be a bitmap editor rather than a vector editor and so the specification was designed like that.

But I believe the most important feature with any software is the ability to undo any of your steps individually.

Partly the reason I hated using freeform when I used to program in liberty basic.

KaHuc.png

Long story short: 2.0 will be a major upgrade with new features that have been requested many times. Should arrive in a month or 2.

3.0 will be pretty much a complete rewrite. Nothing that's been requested, really, but y'all will like it. I promise. ETA: No idea.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Long story short: 2.0 will be a major upgrade with new features that have been requested many times. Should arrive in a month or 2.

3.0 will be pretty much a complete rewrite. Nothing that's been requested, really, but y'all will like it. I promise. ETA: No idea.

And that is why what I said was not offtopic. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

3.0 will be pretty much a complete rewrite

In what different way will 3.0 work?

I think he'll let us know in due time... ;)

Exactly. No more questions about 2.0 and 3.0. They will be ignored.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question: could somebody post a mirror? The link is blocked by websense for me unfortunately :(

No. Copyright laws prevent us from doing that, I'm sorry.

hmmmm..... im having trouble with this plugin, i installed it but every time i use it the plugin crashes, maybe ill reinstall it.

edit: simple fix i just reinstalled, no problems now

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War