How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

I shall post here, that I may join in a piece of history. Thank you, codesavvy-flameguy!

Still searching for Easter Eggs... :(

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

It's not that well hidden. To be honest, it was an accident that it made it in here, and I just was too lazy to edit it out. So I decided to make a sort of game out of it.

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there's a hidden Easter Egg somewhere in this thread. I announced it in the off-topic, but it was the last post on the page so probably not very many of you saw it...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

It's not that well hidden. To be honest, it was an accident that it made it in here, and I just was too lazy to edit it out. So I decided to make a sort of game out of it.

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there's a hidden Easter Egg somewhere in this thread. I announced it in the off-topic, but it was the last post on the page so probably not very many of you saw it...

Yeah, someone needs to check the list of available plugins in his screenshot... :D

scriptlabdialog.jpg

Everyone give david.atwell, my beta tester, a round of applause for helping me get this plugin ready for release. Without his help, y'all would've suffered through a week worth of incredibly buggy versions...

Thanks for the shout out, Pyro! You guys have NO IDEA how hard it was to stay silent about this for the last few days. :-) It was just so exciting! But I was definitely glad to do it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Bug Report

Saved *.sls files that reference effects that have since been updated crash the program. It's also the same for an *.sls file that references an effect that is missing.

This severely hampers the usefulness of this plugin for communicating settings from one user to another, or from one system to another.

Would it be possible to have it automatically exclude the missing or updated effects (maybe with a little pop-up message) from the script?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

OK, now that I've used this I have a BIG suggestion for you.

I need more control.

I figure you are creating a scratch canvas already, so the changes I'm asking for will probably be easy.

Let me choose the source canvas and the destination canvas for each effect in the script.

Then allow me to specify blending ops from one choosen canvas to the other.

For example, let me glow from the source canvas to the destination canvas, toon from the source to the scratch, then Darken blending op from the scratch to the destination canvas.

When the script ends, whatever is on the destination canvas is what the user sees.

This request would REALLY open up the power of what this effect can do.

What do you think?

choose the source canvas and the destination canvas

[...] specify blending ops from one choosen canvas to the other.

For example, let me glow from the source canvas to the destination canvas, toon from the source to the scratch, then Darken blending op from the scratch to the destination canvas.

You're barely asking for what's called :Layers:Layers, 'am right?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

is the eastar egg magic glass?

Nope! Keep looking.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

is the eastar egg magic glass?

Nope! Keep looking.

Then where did that plugin come from...

There is no magic glass. There's a frosted glass...

Keep looking. Trust me, it's hidden in plain sight. :-)

That didn't come with the plugin. It's something you already had on your PdN. I don't, so I had no idea what you were talking about :-)