Forum has been UPGRADED to phpBB 3 -- post "bugs" here

As noted here, neither forum search nor searchpaint.net seem to be returning any results from before the forum update. Is this a pebkac, or a legitimate bug that someone needs to pay for in blood? :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

As noted here, neither forum search nor searchpaint.net seem to be returning any results from before the forum update. Is this a pebkac, or a legitimate bug that someone needs to pay for in blood? :-)

Or is it just that search sucks? I mean, even before the spam botting, I got completely useless answers from it.

Not from searchpaint.net, that was, at the time, much better compared to the built-in forum search. Admittedly, there were times when searching by author was necessary so the built-in was better suited, but on the whole searchpaint.net was far superior, especially when the forum went through its slow phase a few weeks ago and the custom search's speed came into appreciation.

At least one good thing has come out of this possible bug: I now know the Alpha Masking tutorial is on page six of the Tutorial section :|.

Hehe, I beat you to it! viewtopic.php?p=96870#p96870

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

When i log in there are 2 "forgot your password" links.

Hmm...true. They both seem to have the exact same link, though...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I tried updating my sig from my halloween sig to my normal one, but got this message...

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

I tried several times, with no success.

Yet, it works fine in posts...

HellRiverSig3.png

EDIT:

*sigh* ...now it works. I don't know what the problem was.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that the board no longer creates a pop-up when you have a new private message? I noticed I had a new message, but I didn't get a pop-up alerting me to such. There was one Javascript error in the console when I checked Firebug, "popup() is not defined".

I know I have NoScript installed, but I have full permissions given to paintdotnet.forumer.com, and there aren't any dynamically loaded, external scripts asking for permission when the error occurs.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I'm not getting popups either. It's weird. CMD - You're crazy, but you're right. :-)

I used to get popups showing a unique page signalling the new message, but now I get a popup with the Forum Index on, so I then have two windows with the Index page - main browser and popup. Consequently, I have turned off alert by popup figuring I'll see the line telling me so at the top of the page, if not, I have my e-mail account open most of the time which will notify me anyway.

• 6 months later...