Slow, Not Responding.

xalexx543x

I'm having a somewhat similar problem. Paint.NET works fine and at a normal speed after loading, but the loading itself ( just for one pic, regardless of size ) takes a full minute, where before it would only take a few seconds. During the load, my entire comp stops responding.

My processor / RAM specs are 1.86 GHz / 1 GB, which seems fine. Plus, this was the same setup on which the load times were faster. Reinstalls, defragments, and other optimizations haven't made a dent. Any other ideas as to the cause of the sudden slowness?

-- RG

I'm having a somewhat similar problem. Paint.NET works fine and at a normal speed after loading, but the loading itself ( just for one pic, regardless of size ) takes a full minute, where before it would only take a few seconds. During the load, my entire comp stops responding.

My processor / RAM specs are 1.86 GHz / 1 GB, which seems fine. Plus, this was the same setup on which the load times were faster. Reinstalls, defragments, and other optimizations haven't made a dent. Any other ideas as to the cause of the sudden slowness?

Dunno... but Windows has serious memory leak... beware of that. Usually restarting the computer will solve problems like that.

siggiecj5.png

Some links: | Personal Website | Alien Attack |

Try out my plugins: | Antialias | Diagonal Lines |

What are you talking about? From the first line of Wikipedia- "a memory leak is a particular kind of unintentional memory consumption by a computer program where the program fails to release memory when no longer needed". If a program/ process is hogging up too much memory, just disable and enable it with "new task" in the task manager.

To defrag your disk-

start>Run...>dfrg.msc>Defragment; just wait for it to finish.

Also, do a spyware/ adware scan with this:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/ like david metioned.

Also, click start>Run...>msconfig>Starup

and you can basically uncheck anything that is not realated to Virus, or Malware protection, although you may want to google something before disabling it (you can always renable it).

Also, try this guide, it will help you suck some more performance out of your computer, and you will learn a lot. link

If I defragment will that mess anything up?? I can't misconfig it messes up my internet connection a huge mess with Dell when I had to do it.

To defrag your disk-

start>Run...>dfrg.msc>Defragment; just wait for it to finish.

Also, do a spyware/ adware scan with this:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/ like david metioned.

Also, click start>Run...>msconfig>Starup

and you can basically uncheck anything that is not realated to Virus, or Malware protection, although you may want to google something before disabling it (you can always renable it).

Also, try this guide, it will help you suck some more performance out of your computer, and you will learn a lot. link

If I defragment will that mess anything up?? I can't misconfig it messes up my internet connection a huge mess with Dell when I had to do it.

It shouldn't mess anything up. All defragmenting does is rearrange the order of the files' location on the hard drive. It's like cleaning up a cabinet. You want all your related stuff next to each other so it's easier and faster to get to.

sunsigub8.png