Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dake

Fast radial blur

28 posts in this topic

After the zoom blur, I decided to improve the radial blur. The original code comes straight from the current radial blur present in PDN. However, I added a few goodies such as a quality setting (steps), a moveable center and a few optimizations that speed up the whole thing.

radialblurdeluxescreen.jpg

MODERATORS NOTE:  This effect is incompatible with Paint.NET 4.0x

DLL : http://www.freewebs.com/dakepdn/RadialBlurDeluxe%5Fv0.1.dll

Sources : http://www.freewebs.com/dakepdn/RadialBlurDeluxeSrc%5Fv0.1.rar

pyrochild edit: The above link is broken, use this instead: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5210

Enjoy ! 8)

Known problems :

- applying a radial blur in a selection doesn't work well without some tweaking, the center is subject to an offset (this is also the case with the original PDN radial blur though)

License : Same as Paint Dot Net license. (MIT)

Holy cow! I've been wishing I could change the center of the redial blur for as long as I've been using PdN...thank you very, very much!

Awesome! Yay!

<_<

>_>

*leaves

Edit:

@Ash,

Try this plugin with the "Step" turned all the way down...and then go update you "Gems" tutorial! :wink:

Interesting effect...started with a gradient, black on left, white on right)

Radial Blur Deluxe with amount to max, steps to 1/4, and the center point about 1/5 of the way from the top and left edges...added in some curves, a few black lines, and a highlight for this quick "iris":

eye.png

Yay! another Blur plugin! :D Can't Wait to play around with it!

When you first made Fast Zoom Blur, I remember thinking Fast Radial Blur would come soon after. I'm surprised you didn't do this sooner.

Thanks for the plugin, btw.

why doesnt Rick think about adding these into the actual program, they are certainly some of the most useful plugins

why doesnt Rick think about adding these into the actual program, they are certainly some of the most useful plugins

Yes, they're useful, but they're also incredibly ugly. They both desperately need a GUI redesign.

Thanks, dake! I got one suggestion though. Can you combine this with the zoom blur as well? Once you do that it'll look (and work) a lot like Photoshop's radial blur:

radial_blur_settings.jpg

Steps?!
its the "Stop" setting...

Sorry, I was talking to someone about photography(f-stops) and that was stuck in my head... :oops:

That would be cool, btw, does your radial/zoom blur in photoshop show a preview? I get no preview, it just blurs when I hit ok, CS3.

Thanks, dake! I got one suggestion though. Can you combine this with the zoom blur as well? Once you do that it'll look (and work) a lot like Photoshop's radial blur:

radial_blur_settings.jpg

Thanks! very nice, adding a reset button and letting user see a number of what setting they are using would be even better :)

That would be cool, btw, does your radial/zoom blur in photoshop show a preview? I get no preview, it just blurs when I hit ok, CS3.

I never got a preview in CS2.

None of the links to Dake's effects, work. Is there any other way we can access them ?

The broken links have been reported & pyrochild has emailed the author.

In the meantime, you can get the zip file from this link: