How to Install Plugins ×

Outline Object

This plugin uses the border of the Alpha channel of the layer as a guide for the outline. Make sure you're making your text on a new layer with nothing else on it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

...it doesn't outline anything....any help?

That is all the plugin does. What are you trying to outline...post an example image.

I'm guessing that the object you want outlined is not cut out, or it's not on its own layer.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Pyrochild,

Thanks for this very useful plugin. Wonder if it could be possible to allow the plugin outline colour to be changed before finalizing its effect. This will be useful for testing out how a particular colour blends in with the rest of the background or picture.

Ditto.

Sure.... I'll get to it... eventually....

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I mean, keep only the outlines. Just like the "outline" effect, but use primary color and all that.

Outline object in black, Alpha mask plugin, don't load anything, invert colors, find a way to make the black red. Try gradient mapping maybe?

Error report. Enjoy.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: 0 is not a valid value for Radius
  at PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.Property.set_Value(Object value)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken.SetPropertyValue(Object propertyName, Object newValue)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

It looks like that's a result of Rick turning off zero-value effects for the Alpha. But that could be my stark raving madness shining through once again.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Or 1 for that matter.

?!?

I'm pretty sure it works fine at 1...

WOW! I just checked, and not only does it work fine at 1, it DOESN'T allow you to select 0! So... go download the latest version. Silly-head...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!