What are pixel sizes for A4 paper?

Hey, I'm new here

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked before, but what are the equivalent pixel sizes for an A4 sheet of paper? I've searched on the internet but I didn't really understand stuff that came up...

right, thanks for the heads up.

Found this:

A4 is a document format, as a screen image that's going to depend on the image resolution, for example an A4 document resized to:

72 dpi (web) = 595 X 842 pixels

300 dpi (print) = 2480 X 3508 pixels (This is "A4" as I know it, i.e. "210mm X 297mm @ 300 dpi")

600 dpi (print) = 4960 X 7016 pixels

And so forth. FWIW document formats like A4 are described by their print dimensions (millimeters), which is a whole different thing than screen images (pixels) so that's why you don't see anyone using pixels to describe A4. :yes

Hope this helps

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

This thread clearly shows that many people are more familiar with terms like "Photo size 10x15 in Photo Quality" than pixels and resolution - and this suggestion would hide the complications:

resize-2.jpg

A "Document Size" Drop down that lists all common document sizes (could be a rather long list...).

A "Print Quality" Drop down that emphasize on the Quality you want (And lists only relevant qualities).

Select Document Size and Quality, and the relevant magic numbers would be populated below.

Just a suggestion...

OK, fixed the mockup above displaying more realistic width/height/resolution values.

Note however that the dialog is actually unable to display Resolution in DPI (Pixels/inch) and Print size in Centimeters at the same time... It's either using centimeter or inch in both. These could with benefit been de-linked as it is common to measure resolution in DPI (pixel pr inch) while the document (print size) is measured in mm...

Your Document size = PDN Print size.

Your Print Quality = PDN Resolution.

Yours preset VS. PDN's any numbers.

The point I was trying to make was that if you wanted to use one of the standard sizes, you would have to go on the internet, look it up, and then enter it manually.

The presets would be only an alternative for people who haven't memorised the numbers.