How to Install Plugins ×

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

moc426

@Moc246-Can you upload the DLL to a different website? My Dad's stupid blocker thing won't let me go to "Ourdome.com." I'd really like to download your plugins, they look great. Can you help?

Livewrong811, I'm not so sure that your dad's blocker is preventing you from going to this site. I checked http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to see if this site was down for just me. The site said that the plug-in site was down for everyone.

I, too, am asking that you move the plug-in file.

I already have this plug-in in the Effects folder. It's been working great for the past few days, but it randomly quit showing up. I was going to try to re-"install" it to see if this was the problem.

drew-10.png

• 2 weeks later...

This great plugin has a bug centering text with lower case letters such as p or q, any text used will shift the center point up. Please see exampke at my staging server morepro.mobi/index.html the "Options" button text is above the rest. If this has already been reported I could not find it in search.

That's because it's not aligning the text; it's aligning the pixels. This plugin doesn't treat the text as text, but as an image. It can't tell the difference between a P or Q and anything else. It's doing it on purpose. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm really sorry if I sound stupid, but I wanna get this figured out.

I honestly can't figure out how to align anything. I tried selecting what I wanna center, then centering it, didn't work. And honestly, that's all I can think of to do.

Could someone please explain to me?

Are you inserting the object onto a transparent layer?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Yup. :-) That's the only way it'll work; then, it'll work perfectly. :-D

So basically, I need to set the layers opacity to 0? If I do that, I can't even see the text.

Man, I suck at this. I'm going to keep trying until you reply.

So basically, I need to set the layers opacity to 0? If I do that, I can't even see the text.

Man, I suck at this. I'm going to keep trying until you reply.

Nope. Here's what you do.

1. Cut out your object. Meaning if it's a circle, have the circle on a transparent background.

2. Run plugin.

The plugin takes all the pixels on the layer and centers them. So if the background is completely opaque or completely transparent, nothing will happen, and that's why decreasing the opacity to zero won't help you.

So, now, I'm going to try to figure out how to make a transparent background. Do you mean, a gif or something?

OMG, I am so stupid. I figured it out. And it was something I alrady knew how to do. Sorry for being so stupid about this.

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded this and I was wondering: Is it compatible with v3.35? I've been trying to use it, and the interface opens okay, I can make a selection okay, but it has absolutely no effect. If I'm just being stupid and there's and update or something I missed on one of the pages here, please point it out, but other than that, is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Nvm, I was just being an idiot, I was selecting the object instead of the whole layer. Sorry about that. And thanks for the plug-in, it's really helpful

signature.jpg

at first i thought who might need it :shock: ?! just put the object were you want!!,

but few days later, after working on things like glass buttons............. i had to flip the whole forum trying to find it!!!

and at last i did :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! It's a good thing I came here and read this thread. I was having the same issue as DarkHate. Many times I've tried to center an object, but the plugin wouldn't center it and I kept wondering why. Thanx for the info people. 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to say that I use this effect nearly every time I open Paint.net, thank you for it.

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:shock: Very nice!

Works very well with the mirror plugin.

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 3 months later...

Oy, yes. Agreed.