How to Install Plugins ×

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

moc426

Thank you very much for this plugin, moc426.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yea, Im loving this version of the plugin. And moc, ive been noticing it going a lot faster than the old edition on my computer.

I'm still alive!

Awesome, glad it helps.

Yea, Im loving this version of the plugin. And moc, ive been noticing it going a lot faster than the old edition on my computer.

Its an awesome plugin, I use it all the time, really good!

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

Now in french...

De rien!

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

I tested the updated one out, and it is a ton faster for me. On a 800 x 600 image, it was instantly, and on 2000 x 2000, it was about a second.

I'm still alive!

what does that mean?

Zer gut!

Great, thanks!

I tested the updated one out, and it is a ton faster for me. On a 800 x 600 image, it was instantly, and on 2000 x 2000, it was about a second.

• 2 months later...

in order for it to work it needs to be a layer with transparency. make sure your object is its own layer with a transparent background.

Nice plugin but...

Why doesn't it work for me?

the image doesnt move a pixel for me !

hey if you have two objects in the layer with a transparent background it doesn't work :/

It would be better if like the two objects keep the space in-between each other but they move to the side you want still...

Rec. :)

newsigtu0.png

It's not too clear what your issue is. I'm sure that the plugin is working 'as designed' and its function is logically correct.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I am not sure if you mean this but ...

2 objects on a layer are considered one object and WILL keep the same space between them, if you have each object on a different layer, then its a different object.

demo1_1.png

demo2_1.png

hey if you have two objects in the layer with a transparent background it doesn't work :/

It would be better if like the two objects keep the space in-between each other but they move to the side you want still...

I would need to add a check box to that interface, so if you want to align to both x and y, you can and if not, it would need to disable the diagonal such as top left, top right ... etc AND change the function of the middle row buttons. even more, how can you align to the middle from top to the bottom ONLY or align to the center from left to right with the same middle button.

So as you see, just writing about it is confusing and having that interface and being able to do all these options is confusing.

How about an interface like this?

Align.png

I like that.

The current UI is fine just the way it is.

Agreed. If it ain't broke... Yeah, it seriously pains me to say "ain't"

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Why not have it align the user's selection by using sliders for both X and Y? I mean that only if it is possible. Wouldn't that also eliminate the fact that they have to use the plugin against a transparent background?

Signature.jpg

You can't touch this.

You can align to selection, but the layer still needs transparency, otherwise there is nothing to align as the entire object fills your selection. If you want to slide your object on x or y, its not aligning it, you can just use the move selected pixels tool :MoveTool:

Why not have it align the user's selection by using sliders for both X and Y? I mean that only if it is possible. Wouldn't that also eliminate the fact that they have to use the plugin against a transparent background?